Whole Tank of Mollies and Platies are sick, HELP?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NoobieNoviceMom

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello there,

I had 2 Platies (1 died yesterday)
And 4 Mollies in a 10 gallon tank.

Backstory: My husband brought home a tank and 3 fish 2 months ago having no clue about fish keeping so I took over and here we are. I don't know the brand of filter but I attached a pic of it along with pics of the infection my fish are fighting.

My fish cycled without losing any fish and things were great 2 weeks ago but my husband brought home 3 glofish Danios for my daughter ( her tank, I take care of it) That we ended up returning since 1 died and the tank was overcrowded. Lesson learned the hard way, as I'm sure that was where disease was brought in. I will be setting up a quarantine tank for future additions.

My water parameters: 0 ppm ammonia, 0 nitrates, 0 nitrites, 7.5 ph, between 40-80 kh, 180 gh

I change 30% water monthly.

I feed them Tetramin Tropical flakes 1x per day with 1 fasting day/week.

The temperature was 78 but I purchased an adjustable heater just in case I need to gradually increase heat.

What I thought was Ich looks completely different today. I have 3 mollies covered in white gunk. I have another mollie and platy that have minimal spots on their fins but are lethargic. They're all still eating as of last night's feed.

Treatment so far:
Sunday night did a 30% water change when I noticed white "spots" on a few tail fins and lethargy, shimmies and scraping against decorations

Monday I went to Petco and lady recommended Imagitarium Parasite Remedy, I followed directions and they've only gotten worse. 1 died yesterday (other Platy, no white gunk like in the pic)

Today (Weds) I went to PetSmart and bought Aquarium Salt and Seachem Paraguard and an adjustable heater. I installed new heater, did a 25% water change, treated new water with Aqua safe, 5 tbsp salt (per website recommend for 10 gallon) and 5ml Paraguard. I also have kept lights off and cover front of my Aquarium with a towel to keep things dark and calm.

Is this Ich, White Velvet or am I completely wrong on diagnoses?

Should I increase Temp and how much?

I am desperate to save these guys, I've invested so much research and time and have already grown attached.

Thank you if you made it this far, I know it's a novel but wanted to be thorough.

Attachments

• IMG_20210428_125927.jpg
    IMG_20210428_125927.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_20210428_134346.jpg
    IMG_20210428_134346.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20210428_134455.jpg
    IMG_20210428_134455.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20210428_134332.jpg
    IMG_20210428_134332.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 33
i would say to treat them with "microbe- lift herbtana" it helps treat any parasitic diseases amd it worked well for me when one of my fish had ich.

I don’t know… that could be Columnaris (anyone?) If so, I have had success treating my four mollies for that with Kanaplex and Furan-2 together (Google how to administer together). They completely healed and it hasn’t returned :)

Back
Top Bottom