moved my fish to new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missgingersnap

Aquarium Advice Activist
Last night I moved 6 of my fish into my newly fishless cycled 48 gallon tall tank. So far I moved from my 10 gallon.... 2 young angels, 2 guppies and 2 albino cory cats. Everyone was super freaked out at first and hid or just sat there. Everyone seems good now except the angles are hanging out near the bottom. It's like they're afraid to venture up...even to eat. They're eating whatever falls or sinking pellets. Do they just need time to adjust? Also, since I fishless cycled can I add a lot of fish since there were such high amounts of ammonia in there from the ammonia dosing? Thanks! I'll try to post some pics soon. :)

Technically with the overabundance of amonia used for fishless cycling you should be able to fully stock right away.
It will take a few days for some fish to get used to their new surroundings and become more adventurous.
I have one of my plecos that hid for the first 2 weeks, now he is one of the most outgoing fish I have.

They're al doing really well. Mine were a little freaked out at first but the new ones I put in were fine right away. I'm sure they were happy to have some nice clean water and space. One of the guppies got a little excited and nearly knocked himself out. He was swimming around like crazy and came stright up from the bottom to the top and shot out and bonked himself on the lid. He was a little stunned but is fine now. I'm going to try right now to post a pic. Thanks!

not the greatest pics. I'll try to get some better ones. I still want o change the background to a more shiny black and get a really tall plant

Attachments

• DSC_1858.jpg
    DSC_1858.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_1854.jpg
    DSC_1854.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 62
Be sure to QT any new fish. Don't want to bring illness to your newly set up tank.
Also since you tank is tall and does not have a lot of surface area I would not add to much more other then some more cory cats they need to be in a group of at least 5 to 7.

Very nice.
I have a decoration very much like yours, roman ruins, in my 46 gal. One of my cichlids claimed it as his home.

Well, I kinda already added some fish without QT. I don't have a qt tank set up yet. I have 4 cories already but will probably get one more and maybe a pair of german blue rams.
Thanks guys!

Rubber maids make great QT tanks. Just need to seed it from your other tanks.

Last night I got my nephews old 5 gallon tank that I'm going to use. It's super dirty and needs a good cleaning. I might have to use that as a sick tank for one of my fish that is sick first. I won't get any more fish until I can use it as a QT tank.

Nice tank. I am looking at a 56 gallon tall tank for a cichlid tank. Won't start it until I have the other two 10 gallons done in my the boys rooms.

The tall tank is kind of a pain. I have to use tongs to get stuff from the bottom while on a ladder. Just a little something to think about for ya. I would have gotten a shorter one but didn't have the room for a longer tank. :)

It is a 56 gallon tall tank (measuring 30 x 18 x 24). I am 6'4" with a long reach, so I'm not too worried.:)

LOL! Mine is 31" high and with the stand it's almost as tall as I am. I wish I were 6'4" when it comes to this tank. Sounds like you won't have a problem. :)

Back
Top Bottom