Moving a 120G established tank...help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
once filled and temps the same right away. all i would do is add a air stone make sure they get plenty of o2 thats about it.

BTW, I did talk my friend into a couple of 25% PWC's. So the quality of the water should have improved some. I believe she used StressCoat to dechlor but not for sure....

i meant for the tub when the fish are just sitting there. there shouldnt be a problem with the hobs running. no air stone should be needed for the tank.

its also great to hear they did some water changes. thats the most stressful thing is not knowing if the water is clean or not. good luck.

Thanks for all your advice. I have learned so much from all the knowledgeable people here. This move seems a whole lot less daunting than originally thought. You guys (and girls) have been a life saver! I will post pics next week when I have it all up and running. Thanks again!!!!

Tank is moved.....:(

Well, thanks to all the help from the good folks here I now have the 120g tank in my house. It was a large PITA! Over all it went ok taking about 5 hours from start to finish. I did lose 1 fish in the process and I feel like crap. I have no idea what happened to him. I am posting a pic so that I at least know what he was. I had them all in buckets and all did great except him. He was a beautiful blue. Also here are some pics with the temporary setup. I dont like the decor a whole lot but am going to leave it be to get the tank settled in then maybe change it later when I get different fish. I do think the tank looks wayyy better than it did before with the new stand.....etc... Again thanks for all the help and RIP "blue".:confused::(

Fish currently in the tank: 1 Pleco about 9" long, 2 red tail sharks, 2 cichlids I cant identify that I will show in next post, 4 silver dollars. All are doing well.

Attachments

• DSC00166.jpg
    DSC00166.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC00157.jpg
    DSC00157.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC00161.jpg
    DSC00161.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00164.jpg
    DSC00164.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 49
Unidentified fish

Here are the two fish that I dont know what they are. I think I have found that the blue one that I lost in the move was a Blue Hap? Am I right? Would like to know what these are. Thanks again.

Attachments

• DSC00178.jpg
    DSC00178.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00176.jpg
    DSC00176.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 58
Blue convict maybe on the blue one
Not sure on the others...can you ask your friend what they are? They look like a texas cichlid maybe....I am no expert though....you might also post an ID thread under the cichlid sub-forum. :)

Back
Top Bottom