Moving a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seenboothy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I I've recently moved house and moving my 400 litre juwel rio was difficult beyond belief although it gave me a chance to do a massive water change problem I have is that some of my fish have lost there color is this a stress thing and will it return I'd just like some reassurance I think thanks

How long was the move and how did you "store"them during it.. if they are just discolored but moving fine I'd say just stress so keep the lights out and give em a day or two to adjust

I agree. If its been a few days and they are still acting odd then there could be another problem. Dud you save your filter media during the move? Have you checked the water?

A lot of fish do discolor from stress, I see this most in my bettas and my pleco. They fade a severe ammount (my female goes from deep purple to brown if it gets bad when I'm doing water changes) and my pleco looses his spots in some areas. If the move didn't take too long, that's probably what it is.

I did the whole move in a day so as not to stress the fish to much I saved all the dirty media and done old water ehich I poured into the filter as I was setting up still no color coming back as yet but all fish moving fine as far as I can tell

Back
Top Bottom