Moving Fish from QT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlyG

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This might be a stupid question, but how do I move my Royal Gramma from the QT to my 55gal. Do I have to acclimate him a certain way, or do I just scoop him up and throw him in?

You can acclimate him the way you would as if he were from the store, or you can do what I did this week when I took my canary wrasse out of QT. The day before I moved him, I did a 40% water change on the QT tank using water from my main tank and then when it was time to move him I just made sure the salinity and temperature were a match and took him from one right to the other. He's happy as a clam today with all that room!

If the water parameters in the QT are the same as the parameters in the main then you can just transfer but if they are different then you`ll need to put him in a bowl of your QT water and mix in some main tank water every so often until it is close to your main water.

You took all the effort to QT and make sure it was okay, would seem silly to me to skip the acclimationg from QT to DT and put all that at risk.

I agree with Mike. Get the same salinity, and temp in your QT as your main fish and replace.

Back
Top Bottom