Moving fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big C

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all,

I came back from my trip on Friday and the fist thing I did was a pwc in all the tanks and they I proceeded to move the rummy nose, the brilliant rasboras and the phantom tetras to the 75 g.

Most of the fish in the big tank seem happy, except the SAE, who I moved 2-3 weeks ago and was quite content before. I wonder if he just doesn't like all that company any more or if there is anything else wrong with him. He is eating but he is pretty slow and leaning on the leafs most of the time.

The guys in the 30 g are quite slow. They eat but they do not swim around enjoying the extra space as i though they would. May be they miss all the company. I was planning to move them in a week or two but now I wonder if I should just move them all at once.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

By the way, my dwarf gourami is a blast. Everytime I open the lid of the tank to feed or just to watch them, he comes right to the top and blows water at me. He is doing it so consistently that my whole family has had a chance to see this brat spiting at me!!!!! :lol:

SAE's are social fish. He's likely freaked out by the addition of new fish...none of which are SAE's.

Add a few friends for him if your stocking list has space. he may chill out and come out more after a few more days, but he's just as likely to stay shy.
I have 2 SAEs in my 75 and they don't come out much, but when I had 5, they schoal'd around all the time in a group.

Thanks Malkore. I bought 2 SAEs but one died a few days after I got him. I'm not sure I have room for 5 SAEs but I may buy 1 or 2 more.

Back
Top Bottom