Moving my tank need help asap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ff_emt2008

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have to move my 55 gal tank that is up and running in 2 hrs and not sure the best way to move the water cause I have 14 fish in it now and need to have it back up and running today. So if any one know of a easy way to move that much water please help me out

easy enough....

fill buckets with tank water... catch all the fish and place in the buckets.

fill a few extra buckets... put filter media and half substrate into the next buckets. keep the substrate and filter media wet.

drain tank... scoop rest of substrate into more buckets...

break down tank... and move...

you DO NOT NEED THE WATER.... all the beneficial bacteria is in the substrate and filter media... make sure you keep it wet.

you will NOT need to re-cycle the tank... when you are setting it back up... add substrate all any water it was sitting in.... fill ur tank and dose with seachem prime or something else to remove chlorine and chloramine.... set up your filter... dump in fish with water they are traveling with... and done.

i have moved several tanks (45gal, 70gal and 90gal) this way multiple times with no issues.

Ok thank you for the help I was thinking of keeping some water in the tank so I don't have to remove all my rocks out of it

Ok thank you for the help I was thinking of keeping some water in the tank so I don't have to remove all my rocks out of it

You can leave most of your decor in the tank but just keep your media wet for sure. Don't forget how much water can weigh in an already heavy tank

Ok I'm going to do 3 5 gal buckets 2 for the fish and one for my filter and keep like 2 inches of water in the tank

Will do I thought I was going to sell the fish and store the tank but my buddy is letting me set it up at his place

So the tank made it in one piece and is all set up and running. It was a long road setting it up cause my buddy didn't have hot water so had to wait for it to warm up. So after it running for a day I went back and tested the water and all the levels are where they need to be. The only problem is the timer for the lights is acting up but that I can live with

Glad to hear it went well and even more glad to hear you didn't have to get rid of all your fish! Was it as stressful as you thought it would be?

Kinda cause I had to deal with my ex wife but other then that not really it was just a pain to try and get the eel out of the water

I'm just glad to have my fish back in a safe place where I know they will get feed every day cause she wasn't and she add just plan tap water without treating the so I guess I'm lucky my fish are still alive

Yea me too. I just wish I had room in my new place for it but I guess I will just have to wait till its back at my place but I know my buddy will take care of it and I have to go over every week to do the pwc and clean the tank

So the move went good but came across a new tank that was the same size an made room in my new place. Got it all setup today and looks great so tell me what you think but keep in mind the pink rocks are for my gf 2 girls and I will be getting a better background soon

Attachments

• image-2860295468.jpg
    image-2860295468.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 59
Other then my eel dying the other day all the fish are happy with the tank and the new plants that got put in it

Back
Top Bottom