moving my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bergy42

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone...I'm moving my fish tank from college back home. I'm wondering about The steps I need to take so I can get my fish back home safely. Also, do I need to clean the rocks/tank?

How far are you traveling? If not to far what I have done is get some buckets from home depot they are 5 gallons and come with lids prob about 4 bucks. Put the fish in one of them and your gravel and filter media in another with tank water, supposing its only a 10 gallon. If you don't have enough for the fish then just declorinate some water and put them in that.

If your tank is cycled you want to keep the gravel and filter media wet. Then when you get home set up the tank first thing.

If your traveling for over 1 hour I would also use some sort of heating pad for the fish.

long distances use a cooler and get one of those car thing where you can plug up an air pump. then add some heating pack to the top but make sure you keep the filter and rocks and everythng wet like the previous poster said

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom