Moving.. Taking fish with me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkkInNj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It's not a far trip.. Only and hour and 15 to an hour and half with traffic.. I have 10 fish and a 29 gallon tank. What should I do to make this safely for my fish!? I have a week before I leave college for the summer.. So what should I do!? Thanks guys!

Markk

Get a couple of bucket, devide the fish up between the two. Try to save atleast 75% of the water. Make sure you keep the filter media wet. If you cant save the water then make sure you acclimate them again. Its only a hour in a half drive so i would not worry about air stone. Good luck and safe travels

Get a couple of bucket, devide the fish up between the two. Try to save atleast 75% of the water. Make sure you keep the filter media wet. If you cant save the water then make sure you acclimate them again. Its only a hour in a half drive so i would not worry about air stone. Good luck and safe travels

Thanks. Yeah, that's what I was going to do. I'm going to try to save as much water as I can with some water jugs and what not. I didn't think I'd need an air stone and the temp shouldn't be a problem. Just hope they're ready to embark! Thanks again!

Forgot to say this. If you have any plants, toss a few in each of the buckets so they feel they have a place to hide

Back
Top Bottom