Moving the rocks!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FloridaNewbie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Man whats a mess, i took out the small leftovers of my raw shrimp, and decided to do some last minute remodeling! didn't turn off the powerheads thought, so whatever had settle, well UNSETTLED. Is this normal?? what if i wanna make changes after i have fish, is it bad for them ???

Thanks
Leo

It is not bad persay but you will stur up stuff ...like ammonia , nitrAte, NitrIte....
if you reaquascape run extra filters to help clear it up and keep the water polished ..This is what ours looked like when I upgraded tanks ... we had fish and corals but there were no losses. I ran the tandum filter for a week and increased the weekly water changes to 20% insted of 10%
10 gallon move

I agree, it should not harm the fish. I removed the CC substrate from my 55G. I actually had cc and sand, so I had to sift out the sand in the tank. I did 1/3 of the tank at a time, when the sand settled, there were no casualities, only some nipped fins.

You`ll be OK. there are many times that we have to reaquascape our rocks whether to catch that rotten damsel or to keep new additions from fighting or whatever. As mrs Sadielynn said , nothing that an additional PWC cant cure.

Back
Top Bottom