Moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fit101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am moving and need advice on how to best move my aquarium. I will be moving 80 miles from where I currently am located. It's about an hour and 20 min drive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all!

I am moving and need advice on how to best move my aquarium. I will be moving 80 miles from where I currently am located. It's about an hour and 20 min drive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all!

Are you moving it with fish and all?

Everything that needs to stay wet like decor, substrate, filter pads, put into buckets of tank water with lids. Then put your fish either in buckets or if you own some polyethylene bags like the petstore uses you could do that too. Finish draining the tank, load it all up and get on the road haha. Just be sure to test your water daily for a week or two to watch for any spikes which may mean you need to do a couple extra water changes after setting back up.

Thank you! I'm really stressed out about it

I'm moving in a year and have started researching this also. So far I have found out fish stores will sell the styrofoam containers they get their fish delivered in to you. Take as much tank water as you can in buckets to fill up tank when you arrive. Don't feed 24 hours before the move to minimize pooping during to help with spikes. Make sure for the drive there is oxygen in containers or bags..whatever you are using.

Hope that helps. I'm nervous too but just plan to keep researching till my dreaded day.

Thank you! That's a great idea I never thought to check local stores to see if they kept the styrofoam shipping boxes.

Back
Top Bottom