MRC's 46 Gallon BF Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it was me, I would get the ATO for sure. Seems like it would just make life easier. :) And happy b-day!!!! :)

Well I always have a bucket of Ro/Di water next to my tank and topping off is no sweat cause I'm always stopping to look at my tank since its right by the front door lol gives me a chance/reason to inspect the plumbing and everything daily the mp10 I think might take the cake since just a minute ago as I was doing a little maintenance I noticed a little debris build up :x

Well did a 5g water change with a good glass scrubbing and some more glueing of some corals. I don't know what it is but everything has really colored up since the move :) .

Did you use purple up? I'm using a base rock and its been 3 months now and my rocks are still white. Lol!! I want some colour ;P

Nope no purple up.. people are always asking how I get all this coraline and to be quite honest I really don't know but I think using the Kent reef salt may have something to do with it...heres one of my favorite views lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121015_193105.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121015_193105.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 86
daney90 said:
Did you use purple up? I'm using a base rock and its been 3 months now and my rocks are still white. Lol!! I want some colour ;P

Purple up isn't very credible IMHO. If you keep your alkalinity, calcium and magnesium up, have good strong flow and do water changed coralline will usually grow. Sometimes people have issues with it if their lights are super bright in the very beginning. Lots of times during the initial growth spurt alkalinity, calcium, magnesium and even strontium can shoot down and as long as you bring it up and keep it half decent it should take off. Good salt and frequent water changes certainly help. Knowing your levels is 2/3 of the battle.

Well while I was going through my old texts (im bored lol) I found the sms messages from when I contacted the guy for my tank on CL last year. Here it is before I bought it for $100 and a shot of it now :)

Attachments

• imagejpeg_3.jpg
    imagejpeg_3.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 64
  • imagejpeg_4.jpg
    imagejpeg_4.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 67
  • imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 79
  • ForumRunner_20121016_124211.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121016_124211.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 78
  • ForumRunner_20121016_124238.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121016_124238.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 77
  • ForumRunner_20121016_124312.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121016_124312.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 66
Ya that's the big selling point for me when I bought it since the hole alone would cost me half that to have done and then the plumbing woulda been the other half lol

Driving home from the petstore and lowes with some poly floss (be the first time I use it), some fish food (exciting haha), a T fitting for my RO unit for my 2nd TDS probe (meter only came with one) and a 1/2" adapter with 20' of hose to extend my python for the new house so no more buckets! (again lol)

Haven't seen one of my dartfish in a few days so I'm starting to think I may have had another jumper :( ... I'll give it another couple days til I call it since I know sometimes they like to burrow away for awhile : l

Yeah, mine stays her burrow a lot, but she always comes out for dinner. Have you fed the tank?

Beengirl said:
Yeah, mine stays her burrow a lot, but she always comes out for dinner. Have you fed the tank?

Yep been missing for 2 feedings now..... If she did jump I'm blaming my GFs female clown that we added when combining her 20 extra high fowlr with my reef when we moved into the new house lol

Plus normally when one hides they all hide in my tank so its unusual to see them seperated right now. I guess I could be extremely optimistic and hope she really was a she and I'm gonna be the first captive breeder of a zebra barred dartfish buuuut.. doubt it lmao

Ya but if I didn't catch it in the first few mins then it became dog food lol

needmorecowbell said:
Yeah, sane thing happened with my wrasse, have you thought about putting a cover over it?

I have and I won't lol looks like my last zebra bar will be the last jumper I own for this tank

Another day with no sign of him..... Pretty sure he's gone at this point but it sure would be nice to know if he's still in my tank or in my dogs belly lol

Back
Top Bottom