Murky water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spenny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I've had this tank up and running for 2 months. I've never ever had this problem last this long, usually gets murky after shifting some decorations around etc, but always is gone in half a day or so. About 5 days ago, I put another piece of sponge in my AC50 to seed for my other tank, and took out the carbon so it would fit. I had to push down the sponges a bit to get the biomax to sit evenly on top. I had read that the carbon would help clear it up, so I tossed that back in a few days ago. I have done a 40% WC, and that still didn't clear things up. It's just as murky as it was after I put in the second sponge, nothings changed! The only thing that has changed was the addition of the second sponge,the removal of the carbon, and then the addition of the carbon again.
Can anyone suggest something to counteract this? It's never been this murky and is really starting to get on my nerves! I thought it would clear up in a few days max!!!

Do you have a pic? If the water is green it could be a type of free floating algae. A uv sterilizer will clear it up in no time.

Here are some pics. You can see it more in the side view.

Attachments

• image-702857284.jpg
    image-702857284.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 53
  • image-2169988926.jpg
    image-2169988926.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 52
Yep. Looks like green water. If you don't want to spend money on a uv sterilizer, algae-fix should clear it up in a few weeks.

Would you recommend any specific sterilizer? I think it would be a solid investment. Only one requirement is that it would be sufficient for a 55gal too.

I use the aqua uv advantage. It cleared up my 125 in two days. Crystal clear. It comes in hob and in-line

Back
Top Bottom