Mushroom get along with Zoanthids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrg02d

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,
I was getting some more coral at my LFS today and got a small frag with some neon yellow zoanthid polyps. (They were not labled).

Anyways, I got them home and set them up high in the tank and left to get some groceries. When I came home, I found that a really pretty blue mushroom has opened on this frag as well! It is touching the zoanthids though. Ive read that corals will fight over this. This mushroom was not visible at the LFS, so they likely had no idea it was there.

It looks possible to break part of the rock they are all on to move the mushroom. (Looks like they are on dead branch coral).

So, what should I do? Leave it alone? Not a bad deal for $5! Also got some greenish blue ricordea on a nice sized rock covered in coraline algae. All my corals are nice and fully open. They also seem to be getting larger after having them a week in my tank.

Thanks,
Matt

Congrats! That sounds like a great pick up! Depending on your lighting and flow, they will probably do better lower in the tank. I'll leave it to the experts on whether they think there will be chemical warfare or not, but I've seen (and have) shrooms against zoas will no ill effects.

My green button polyps and mushrooms are in an intermingled "forest" , haven't had any problems. I did have an aptasia tasing my polyps though.

I third that, I have zoa's and shrooms together and they are all doing fine, Igot mine the same way, got someLR 3 shrooms poped out and 6 zoas...I would move them lower though, your zoa's will be fine they love it anyhere lol shrooms seem to be more sensitive to high lighting, I had to move mine lower b/c my shrooms werent spreading out, they were not shriveld up but they were getting sooo much light, they didnt need to open and I like how they look open, the zoa's were open regardless and this is in a 47 gal colum tank with 130wat pwrcmpt light.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom