Must..resist... saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snapcrackler

Aquarium Advice Addict
The only tank I have left to my name that is freshwater, is a 46 bow that houses breeding guppies and 4 clown loaches.

Now I'm fighting the urge to sell my beloved guppies and loaches, drain and clean the tank, and set it up for salt.

I already have a 55sw, 40sw, 20sw and 75sw up and running.

Saltwater is trying to take over my house. Maybe this is another definition of "salt creep".

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Gads.

Well. was thinking about filling my basement with saltwater and.....
nevermind. 8O

snapcrackler
Aquarium Advice Addict
That about sums it up. :mrgreen:

Have 24' dia. pool that I though about a shrk for :mrgreen: hehehe. Put some plexi in the side and let er rip!!!!

Would be a cool wiew from my sun room

Immagine selling the house later on. Couple looking into the back yard,

Oh honey look at the trees, the birds and oh over there there's a SHARK!!!!!

I have a 38 gal fresh with one red breasted pirhana in it which I rescued from the Local animal shelter because I felt sorry for it. I just up-graded my 40 gal reef to a 72 gal BF which leaves me with an empty tank sitting in my garage, all dressed up for salt water, begging to be made into anther reef. With the amount of money I just dropped on my "up-grade" I feel my wife would file for devorce if I start up another one right now. But I do not think It will be too long before it finds a new job. I understand your feelings well!

I have a 46 bow front, a 26 bow front, a 29 gal, and a 30 gal long, all sw. Been threatening to turn the 55 into a sw also. Yep, salt creep is the correct term. :lol:

LOL you guys... hey I'm not alone huh :wink:

MYTY1705, there used to be an LFS in our town that had an 800 gal pool inside their building (filtered by ONE mag350 LOL :roll: ) but it was a real hit with the customers.. they even kept a big green carpet anemone and a big fat clarkii in it.

A 24' pool would be a pretty cool shark tank. You'd have to take out a bank loan for each waterchange, though. :mrgreen:

Isn't it a standars 5 gal water change for a tank that large???? JK
Let's see 135000 gallons a 10% water change weekly. I just might as well buy a lake!!! Then again that much water you could probably go 3-4 weeks between changes. So maybe just a large pond

Back
Top Bottom