My 10 Gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nice?

• Yea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xIHaKIx

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok let me start of by introducing myself seeing how this is my first post, Name is Paul Im 18, New Haven, CT area....Im into Metal and Hardcore music but what people dont know about me is I love nature and anything related to it. Ok ok, to the good stuff.

This is my first ten gallon that is acually is working for me, last two I had when I was young, maybe 10 and the second one around 13. I never did do well with those. But this time my ten gallow I picked up at my local walmart has been up and running for about 5 months and doing great! I got into fish tanks because its really calming and when I was about 4 my dad had the biggest custom made, guppy fish tank I ever seen, all custom made, pure glass, everything was natural as in the rocks, plants, fiter system he made him self so like since I could remember in Poland (where I was born, now in USA) there has always been a beautiful fish tank in my life :)

Images and their descriptions ....

The fish tank it's self. Kind of blurry but its what I got. It sits between my stero and it looks really nice...here is a better picture of the whole set up stero and all \/

Next we got some pictures of the plants....The big plants, one's that didnt come w. that log are all real, my dad told me they do better for this fish then plastic ones and look nice.

28012191752.jpg

28012185429.jpg

28012194419.jpg

The log, which is kinda the main focus point of the whole fish tank.

28012220391.jpg

Included in that picture are my first 3 gold fish I got for the tank to "make it a tank" they did their poo, did what ever that had to....made the tank stable and are the oldest residents in the fish tank...

I got a male and female guppy, I had something like a ratio of 3 males to 5 females which later on I found out that you need about 10 gallons per male for every 3 females so sadly 2 of the other males had died.

28012223444.jpg

Hideing in the back, those common red fish. Platies. I noticed alot of starter fish tanks have them I got 2

28012231486.jpg

I got the algee eater... 2 of these guys do the job and they look pretty cool unlike some of the other big guys you could buy at the store.

28012240515.jpg

A little camera shy, hideing in the log is a Neon Tetra. I started out with 7 Im down to 3 I believe, I seriously think the biggest gold fish I got ate two of them when I got them at first because they were tiny but they got really really big within weeks. My biggest one died the other day for some strange reason.

28012242831.jpg

Fish swiming (Video) >> Click here to watch fishswim

Watching the video you may see a white fish, he's sick or something, he sits next to the heater and dosent move. I think he might die so thats why I didnt add any pictures of him.....

Thats that for now, my second project is gonna be a guppy only 10gallon. Im not sure where Im gonna put it because I got a small room, but after I get that out of the way, I got a desk where I could put a HUGE 50+ gallon tank....Thankfully I got this new job at Kohl's so its gonna support my music(playing guitar) and fish tank addiction...

The future home of Project Fresh Water Atlantes
-Not sure when its gonna come together but when it does Ill be sure to post TONS of pictures everything from setting up the tank to adding the first fish, the plants etc. etc. Or maybe instead of the ten gallon Im gonna get a hexagon tank and throw it in the corner of the desk where the camera is, I just thought of it when I was uploading the images. Well enjoy comment / rate ask question do what ever.

28012245616.jpg

P.S

Im really happy I found this site, I always wanted to check out people's set ups and I really happy I found a sit where I could do that. And thanks to putfile.com for allowing me to use their website to upload pictures...

Welcome to AA!

The tank looks very nice and it shows that you put a lot of thought and effort into it. The only thing I see that may be a problem is that the tank is jammed between the two speakers.

If you cannot move the tank or the speakers, here's hoping that the metal you're into doesn't rub off on your fish.

BTW, there's no reason to run a poll...the tank is nice period. (y)

Lol metal fish, they gonna start moshing in the tanks.....I dont play my music lod tho :) but thank you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------2 birds 1 stone
Aaron you would join the fourms just to comment my fish tank

xIHaKIx said:
Aaron you would join the fourms just to comment my fish tank

yup. but i think we might still have those tanks in the garage, maybe ill dig em up and start something.

Thank you....
----------------kill 2 birds w. 1 stone
Aaron lol, you quit your job to play a playstation game, you wouldnt be able to support your fish....

It's a nice looking tank but mixing tropical fish with goldfish is never a good idea. Also I hope you have plans to upgrade as those goldfish will need to move into a larger tank or pond very soon.

FYI, goldfish are coldwater fish and they need a lot more room than tropicals. It is usually suggested 10 gallons per goldfish. Plus, they have different nutrition requirements. Just telling it how it is. :?

Welcome to the board. Attractive tank...it really should have a nicer, more prominant spot than crammed between those two speakers, though. Your plants will be happier without those goldfish, too. :wink:

Lol no one likes my goldfish... thanks for the feed back, maybe Ill just let them hang out in the tank till they grow up and become hige so far they doing great. What do you mean my plants will do better without the goldfish?

i've been thinking about this for a while, doesn't music (not necessarily loud) disturb the fish?

i recently bought a 2.1 sound system and i think the basses might harm? the fish...what do you think?

oh, and nice tank btw :D

I like the way it's decorated, but the only problem I see is with the goldfish. Your's are known to reach a max size of 2 feet. Maybe you could find someone with a pond who is willing to take them.

i've been thinking about this for a while, doesn't music (not necessarily loud) disturb the fish?

Well, if it's not loud, you should be ok. I have noticed with my fish that loud music does not seem to affect them.

I play my music loud. Nothing wrong w. the fish tho. And the goldfish I got because they shitted all over the tank and got it into the right conditions or w.e before I got the other fish. So they were in there for a while and they were doing they stuff they just dont die. Lol, Idk.

xIHaKIx said:
Lol no one likes my goldfish... thanks for the feed back, maybe Ill just let them hang out in the tank till they grow up and become hige so far they doing great. What do you mean my plants will do better without the goldfish?

On the contrary, I love goldfish. I have a ton of them myself, breeding and thriving. Otherwise I wouldn't have given you the advice I did. If I'm reading your post right, you got the goldies to cycle your tank? That's a shame but it does go to how how tolerant they are of bad water conditions. The fact that they are doing "fine" is debatable or at the very least temporary. They would be prefer something bigger with more water turnover than a ten gallon tank. Either way, if you don't move them to something bigger, like a pond, they will be stunted and will die prematurely instead of living the 10-30 yrs they might under the right conditions.

Back
Top Bottom