My 150g Riparium... (Picture heavy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man I really need to get this thread updated as it doesn't even look the same now....

Well weres the update then?

Rehoming some fish, waiting for some more Albis, awaiting my C. Parva pots for my carpet, and a few other packages with various plants.

Non picture update:

• Eheim 2213's have been swapped for a pair of 2217's that happened today
  • Chocolate Gouramis are going to a breeder locally for a species tank
  • Waiting on 2 more pairs of B. Albimarginata one pair is wild caught
  • Waiting on 18 pots of C. Parva for carpeting the submerged portion of my tank - due in next Monday or Tuesday
  • Waiting on some various Crypts and Legenandras
  • New Mist King misting system for the emmersed part
  • Substrate swap last week
  • Tank is now a full blown SE Asian biotope with emmersed and submerged Cryptocoryne sp, Java Ferns, Java Moss, Legenandra, and a few stems.
That is about it for now. :drool:

Finally, your doing a misting system. That will be cool. So you are taking the gouromis out, any reason? You are switching fish alot BTW. Seems like alot of stress in the tank.

Finally, your doing a misting system. That will be cool. So you are taking the gouromis out, any reason? You are switching fish alot BTW. Seems like alot of stress in the tank.

Switching fish alot? Only fish that have been switched are the Chocolates that are being moved out. I am moving them out to focus on the Albimarginata's in the tank and try to get them breeding well. Actually I haven't seen any stress in the tank and everyone gets alogn fine with some of the Bettas schooling with the Gourmais.

Misting System is installed did ti last week and is great.

Ok, so I have to ask.... and these are most likely common knowledge questions so forgive me.

What is the purpose of running the 2213 (now 2217s) into the PVC and then running that back out to the Hydor? I saw you mentioned a CO2 reactor, and I have a feeling maybe that's what the PVC is for? I'm just curious on the reasoning and decisions behind this particular set up.

What are you using to run your solenoid? I'm assuming you have some type of inline pH probe and I'm curious how you're controlling the rate of CO2 injection.

What exactly is the sandy looking stuff on those threaded pieces in the original set of pictures.

I'm extremely intrigued by this entire process. The care and attention you showed to the initial setup is awesome and is quite honestly how detailed I'm seeking to set my 75g up when I do the overhaul in the next couple of months.

Ok, so I have to ask.... and these are most likely common knowledge questions so forgive me.

What is the purpose of running the 2213 (now 2217s) into the PVC and then running that back out to the Hydor? I saw you mentioned a CO2 reactor, and I have a feeling maybe that's what the PVC is for? I'm just curious on the reasoning and decisions behind this particular set up.

What are you using to run your solenoid? I'm assuming you have some type of inline pH probe and I'm curious how you're controlling the rate of CO2 injection.

What exactly is the sandy looking stuff on those threaded pieces in the original set of pictures.

I'm extremely intrigued by this entire process. The care and attention you showed to the initial setup is awesome and is quite honestly how detailed I'm seeking to set my 75g up when I do the overhaul in the next couple of months.

Yep the PVC in the pictures are my DIY PVC CO2 Reactor, you can find more information if you google Rex Griggs and DIY PVC CO2 Reactor. This allows for full dissolution of the CO2 in the water before it hits my tank. I jsut run a timer to run my CO2, it comes on 1 hour before lights on and off 1 hr before lights out. I control the CO2 by watching the fish and the plants, I have been running CO2 in aquariums off and on for several years so I trust my judgement.

The sandy stuff is sand that I siliconed to my bulkheads to hide them from view so you don't see white PVC.

Craig

Well i now have one male holding and wouldn't be suprised if another pair spawn today yet.

Upgrade from 2213 to 2217:

img_1111122_0_e81222241861ecb7374da16c3670c064.jpg

img_1111122_1_3621858098548064dd6614c444e3f4fb.jpg

img_1111122_2_4d0fa43d5f2cbec07f86f24ea5f50f01.jpg

img_1111122_3_a7b633ed82fd9da10a9ae79bcf3d1448.jpg

New lighting ballast rack and misting setup:

img_1111122_4_5c6922b2a4d07f80746be4e5826f31ec.jpg

img_1111122_5_fb3a483513635d7da15c06a5f7b6fac2.jpg

img_1111122_6_bff39cd284baeb72e4136648d46fcc03.jpg

Man, you have me absolutely amped for my renovation. I've gotta get a bunch of side work websites built so I can get the money in for mine. You've got me completely distracted here at work thinking about how I would route my cables, and install everything.

I'm definitely following along now, haha. Any plans for more plant height in there?

Also, I'm curious about your profession. I would guess electrician, or networking (like server closet stuff) just based on your cable management. Am I wrong?

Man, you have me absolutely amped for my renovation. I've gotta get a bunch of side work websites built so I can get the money in for mine. You've got me completely distracted here at work thinking about how I would route my cables, and install everything.

I'm definitely following along now, haha. Any plans for more plant height in there?

Also, I'm curious about your profession. I would guess electrician, or networking (like server closet stuff) just based on your cable management. Am I wrong?

Many plants will be taller as they fill in, I'm looking at a grow out period of about 4-6 months now.

As for profession I've been unemployed for the last 6.5 months. Prior to unemployment I was a brick layer for almost 10 years.

I just like everything nice and clean as that is the best way to prevent accidents.

Craig

No wonder you have the time for such an immense project. It's gorgeous. It looks like a more realistic/natural environment for fish. And it looks as though it's like having a jungle in your living room! Especially when it all grows out. Very cool tank

No wonder you have the time for such an immense project. It's gorgeous. It looks like a more realistic/natural environment for fish. And it looks as though it's like having a jungle in your living room! Especially when it all grows out. Very cool tank

Figured this counts me in on my share to stimulate the economy~

Lookin good man, well done!

Thanks!

Wow, i got to say i am impressed. I like that misting system and 1 day when i get my dart frogs or white tree frogs i plan on installing 2 systems. What you have as that is more like a rain IMO and a fog system. I think forg systems are sick, just a white clous sitting over the ground/water.

Wow! That's a LOT of Cryptocoryne Parva. It should look quite nice once it's grown in.

Back
Top Bottom