My 20 gallon long - update 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh! Very clever! I love your placement and choice of plants in this tank. Everything goes together very well. An exceptional example of a planted tank!

Thanks for the reactor details. You would have known it was in there; well disguised for sure.
I agree ^^^^ ... very nice color, contrast, and layout. A very pleasing three dimensional presentation.

Are you running Co2 on this setup?

Yes, DIY co2. Yeast + sugar method, 3 one-liter bottles.

Some photos from last week:

IMG_0369.jpg
IMG_0370.jpg
I love the color this ludwigia repens develops as it gets closer to the light.

IMG_0375.jpg
I've been considering doing a complete rescape sometime in the next few months.

IMG_0389.jpg
Nighttime side view.

Looks excellent as usual:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looks mint [emoji108] impressive tank with only DIY co2. I don't know how you can be bothered with changing the bottles so often haha ;) guess I'm just lazy!

Thanks everyone. Bert, the 3 bottles last for 1 month each, so I really don't have to do much. I write the start date on each bottle and if one happens to be expired I change out just that one bottle during the weekly maintenance routine.

What time were the more recent pictures taken? I find that some plants stand out as the light shifts from the full sun mode. Very impressive red coloration from the AR mini.

Thanks, you are all too kind. I really like how it's looking right now- sometimes I'll catch myself forgetting what I'm doing and just staring at the tank. xD I'm also torn between being satisfied and wanting to keep working with this scape to see what it could become with more time, and wanting to tear it all apart to start something completely different.

I don't think that is AR mini. The package was labeled AR "cardinalis" if I remember correctly.

I got tired of the constant trimming needed to maintain a Dutch style tank such as yours. I went in a different direction. There are so many different scapes one can try and so many different plants to grow.

Back
Top Bottom