My 250 Gallon Plywood Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john73738

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

Finally getting to start my build. Only have 2 chores to do before my wife will allow me to start. First is painting the house
icon_eek.gif
Second is moving into it
icon_lol.gif

So My project is 8'x2'x2'

Gonna have a divider 1/2 way for strength and a view break for the fish.

Will have 2 front viewing windows rather than 1 long one, and maybe 2 side windows (undecided)

Internal overflows boxes.

Will have a sump of appx. 72 gallons ( Max Cap) using 4 18 gallon rubbermaid tubs.

Slowly collecting the materials, may build the sump this week (I know horse b4 the cart) but I am tired of talking about it and just want to get started with something.

Any advice from the experts here will be appreciated, will post designs tommorrow of the tank to give you all an idea of what I have in my crazy mind.

Like I said have two big projects to do before I can start so be patient and I will start posting my progress.
eating_popcorn.gif

Bear

Sounds like a great idea, cant wait to see some progress!

whats going in the tank? other than water of course

I am looking into a build like this and I will be watching very closely to what you do. Would you be able to list all the products you use and put up lots of pictures? I would be very grateful.

Wayne fr. MB Can.

Back
Top Bottom