My 60 gallon freshwater setup.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NODAK1979

Aquarium Advice Activist
Thought I'd post a pic of mine, since this is apparently the forum to do it.

It's 60 gallons. We do fake plants, as I can't keep real ones alive very well. There is one real plant in there, it's at the left center.

It has:

6 discus, all of which can be seen in this picture.
4 Boesemani rainbows, 3 of which are seen here.
6 German Blue Rams, only 1 of which is visible here. Lower center. They don't always hide, though.
1 Leopard cactus pleco. I almost never see him.
5 Sterbai cory cats. I guess they were hiding at the time. They do that sometimes and then all of a sudden the school zips across the tank.

A huge piece of Mopani wood in the middle is definitely my favorite. Our lone decoration is that pirate ship. I like it.

Hope it looks good. It's to the left of our bed so I can stare at it while I'm in bed.

Attachments

• 2011-03-10_21-00-22_815.jpg
    2011-03-10_21-00-22_815.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 278
Water changes on this...at least every 3 days, if not every other day. Typically 40% or so. With discus and GBR's, two of the most sensitive freshwater fish, we have to do that. But we haven't lost one yet!

I'm pretty much in love with discus, so the extra work with them doesn't bother me.

I really like your tank. It's the tank I was planning on setting up until I realized that I'm probably not ready for discus. I instead went with angelfish. I have a few boesemani rainbow also. Unfortunately mine aren't as colorful as yours are yet. I just got them from a local fish store and hope to bring them back to some semblance of health soon.

BTW, my plan is to turn my 60 gallon tank into a planted tank. Once I master that, I think I'll be ready for the discus. I hope to put them in a 125 gallon tank maybe by next year.

Wow! This is awesome. Your tank and it's inhabitants are wonderful to see. Great picture too!! :)

Joy...Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

Very nice, I think I would swim in there also. Good Job. Get some more real plants.

Not IMO.... Especially with the fact that the OP is doing water changes every other day or so.

I think the tank looks great. Only thing that would make it look better, IMHO, would be replacing the plastic plants with live plants. I'm sure you'll get up the courage to try again some day ;)

Just finished another WC. The worst thing about discus is that they're awfully stubborn to move out of my way when I want to vacuum stuff off of the sand. They don't seem to fear the python at all.

Very nice tank and a great owner to look after fish like that. They are sensitive things

Between the discus and the rams, I figure I should just call this the "sensitive tank". But, they all seem really happy and healthy so far. I must have good suppliers.

Back
Top Bottom