My 75G High Tech Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bytan83

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, it's been awhile since I last posted here. I was just looking up my last post which was in 2006 when I posted my little 15G tank ! A lot has happened between then and now, studies , work, moving interstate... Anyway I've recently set up a 75G tank, my first high tech planted tank. Feel free to comment, criticize or ask any questions about tank specs/stocking,etc as I don't want to make the post too long to start with.

Please excuse my poor photography.

img_1156965_0_7789c64fc02af1469161029eb86e9540.jpg

img_1156965_1_3f25c3f8e92c8e0de4d6739a71b2e11c.jpg

img_1156965_2_a6eddf3663a5a268ff1ae86a48ad0a2f.jpg

Cheers,
bytan

Spectucular tank!!!

I need the details.... size, filtration, stocking, etc. You can't post something that beautiful without making it a long post. :)

Thanks for your very kind comments HN1. I'll try to list as much detail as I can remember, let me know if I have missed anything.

Tank size- 75G (48" x 18" x 20")

Filtration- Fluval 305 canister filter

Pressurized CO2 (approx 2-3 bps)

Lighting - 6x 54W T5HO (4 tubes on for about 4.5hrs and all 6 tubes on for another 5hrs)

Fertilizer - PMDD drops + Fluorish phosphorus, nitrogen , iron , trace, excel

Fauna - 2 Melanotaenia trifasciata, 4 melanotaenia praecox , 4 melanotaenia boesemani, 10 neon tetra , 4 zebra danio , 4 white cloud, 4 corydoras, 3 congo tetra , 1 otocinclus , 2 SAE , 2 discus (pair)

Flora - Don't think I can name all of them but here goes , pogostemon stellata , alternanthera reineckii , unsure of the plant beside this, rotala macandra , narrow leaf ludwigia, hygrophila polysperma, pearl grass , java fern (normal and windelov), hygrophila corymbosa compact, hairgrass , riccia, red tiger lotus , blyxa japonica

My foreground hasn't been great as I only had 2x T5 and 2x T8 before this , I have upgraded this now and hopefully will be able to achieve a nice foreground. I have no idea why but I can't seem to get glossostigma to carpet nicely even with the new lights. The blyxa has come back from the dead though and is growing nicely so I'm sure this will do well, hair grass also seems to be doing well as I have only added this a week ago and its already spreading as is riccia (I've got lots of it floating).

Cheers,
bytan

Great work man! I've always had trouble with glosso regardless of the set up. I think that plant just hates me. I'm sure you'll have better luck.

Back
Top Bottom