My Adonis pleco!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelLover

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I went to my lfs today for supplies and spotted what in my opinion is the most badass looking pleco I have ever seen. At 90 bucks I had no intent of getting him (or buying any fish for that matter) but THEN I came across some valuable coupons and needless to say I now have a huge polka dot pleco about to go in my tank. I've never been a huge pleco fan since they always ripped my plants out of my substrate, and once pinned down a discus in our other tank, but I couldn't pass him up.

Here he is acclimating in my angelfish tank... I could not wait to show him off. I'll post better pictures once I release him!

ForumRunner_20121216_170451.jpg
ForumRunner_20121216_170501.jpg
ForumRunner_20121216_170517.jpg

Well I went to my lfs today for supplies and spotted what in my opinion is the most badass looking pleco I have ever seen. At 90 bucks I had no intent of getting him (or buying any fish for that matter) but THEN I came across some valuable coupons and needless to say I now have a huge polka dot pleco about to go in my tank. I've never been a huge pleco fan since they always ripped my plants out of my substrate, and once pinned down a discus in our other tank, but I couldn't pass him up.

Here he is acclimating in my angelfish tank... I could not wait to show him off. I'll post better pictures once I release him!

He's gorgeous! Love his markings :)

Here he is!!

ForumRunner_20121216_175326.jpg
ForumRunner_20121216_175336.jpg
I love the reflection of his mouth in this haha
ForumRunner_20121216_175352.jpg
ForumRunner_20121216_175404.jpg
ForumRunner_20121216_175415.jpg
ForumRunner_20121216_175426.jpg

Thank you! I got lucky! He's only been in my tank for twenty mins and has already sucked off nearly half the algae in my tank. This fish does not waste any time lol
ForumRunner_20121216_183302.jpg

Thank you! I got lucky! He's only been in my tank for twenty mins and has already sucked off nearly half the algae in my tank. This fish does not waste any time lol

He looks amazing with them colours & marking,
When I got mine he went mental and was eating all the algee. He has got some much bigger in the last couple of months, I was thinking about getting one like yours as well but not sure if its good to get 2 of these or not?
Here is mine just chilling in a car lol

image-1690204850.jpg

He looks amazing with them colours & marking,
When I got mine he went mental and was eating all the algee. He has got some much bigger in the last couple of months, I was thinking about getting one like yours as well but not sure if its good to get 2 of these or not?
Here is mine just chilling in a car lol

That is just too cute! I'm not sure if it's good to have more than one or not. I did come across something online that said not to keep them with other bottom feeders but I have mine in with a bunch of Cory cats, and there has been no problem. I'm sure there's a pleco expert or two on this forum that could advise us on this!

I have a couple of cat fish as well plus a frog and 3 Khuli loach's and not had a problem from my guy, he just loves eating all the algee 24/7 lol

Talking about my guy, my girlfriend got home from work and went in to the front room and all was fine with my tank, she went to the toilet and came back in the front room and he was on the floor flapping about, she grab him and put him back in and he seems all good, can't wait to get my new tank at Xmas so it will have a lid on it. Not had a problem with it before, god knows why he did that?

Talking about my guy, my girlfriend got home from work and went in to the front room and all was fine with my tank, she went to the toilet and came back in the front room and he was on the floor flapping about, she grab him and put him back in and he seems all good, can't wait to get my new tank at Xmas so it will have a lid on it. Not had a problem with it before, god knows why he did that?

OMG! Crazy fish, algae doesn't grow on carpets! Lol glad he's okay!

Back
Top Bottom