My Anubias

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chykityta

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is going on with my Anubias? Third leaf going through this. I had to cut the first two off and a fourth one seems to be developing the same.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428538452.959038.jpg

Sent by me; a Newbie
10g partially planted with 7 Bloodfin Tetras - Est. 1/29/2015

Are you fertilizing at all?

Yellow leaves are usually a sign of nutrient deficiency.

I did a week and a half ago. I have Leaf Zone, Flourish, and Flourish Excel. It is a 10g so I dose about 5 drops every week of one of the products.

Sent by me; a Newbie

And three hours of light daily. This is a low tech tank.

Sent by me; a Newbie

Hmm...did you plant it in the substrate? Anubias plants don't do well that way generally. You can pull it off if you let the rhizome peek above the substrate a bit (that's actually how I generally do it) but typically they should be tied to rocks/wood or wedged in crevices.

Is it new to the tank? A lot of plants go through an adjustment period where they die back a bit before they acclimate.

After that, I'm out of ideas lol

Hello, the plant has been on the tank for a little over two months. The first two plants died like four weeks ago and now this other one. The tank still isn't fully cycled (I think) and the plants did fine at the beginning of the cycle.

I had to remove the cholla wood due to fear of rotting and have nothing to support the plant. So the root is on the gravel but the rhizome is exposed. You can still see part of the root.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428543546.447766.jpg

Sent by me; a Newbie

Mebbid posted this in another thread on plant deficiencies. Definitely looks like some kind of deficiency. I would start dosing EI macros every other day and see if you see some improvement. Then add in micros on opposite days. IME adding fertilizer is trial and error because every tank is different. So make some changes and see how your plant responds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1428548771216.jpg
    1428548771216.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 81
Interesting post. Thank you! I will start dosing more constantly or higher doses.

Sent by me; a Newbie

Back
Top Bottom