my babies keep dying!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drummerj

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, so I had about 20 baby malawian cichlids, all really nice, very healthy, i didnt lose any for a month. The other day, we were feeding them as we usually do with spirulina, and they all had seizures, crashed into the sides of the tank, then sank to the bottom, then slowly came back to. Some did not come back to. Every day I go in there now, I notice that there are less and less babies swimming around. In the back of the tank I have been finding dead fish. What the heck is going on?!?! They were doing great!!

Moved to the Unhealthy Fish Forum.

If you answer the questions in the sticky at the top of the page we'll be able to help you further.

I agree, answering the sticky questions is the only way we can help. It may be ammonia spikes, other cycling issues or simply many other things. In order to help we need much more information.

if it happened right as they were eating the food... could you have had something nasty on your hands, or contaminated the food?

found out what it was i think. My brother and his friend put in a new plant, and his friend washed his hands with soap. maybe he didnt rinse his hands completely?

That depends. We don't know for sure without answering the questions in the sticky I linked.

Back
Top Bottom