My baby hafe inch clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltwaterking

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got a baby clown 2 days ago and ever since I put him in he been on my rock towards the front of my tank and does not really move from their. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing can some one help me ?

Attachments

• image-2181366038.jpg
    image-2181366038.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 87
I hope so because I have a bigger clown in their already I wanted to try and pair them and the bigger one started nipping at him and doing this weir twitching thing an. Now the small one just hangs out their that's why I was concerned

Oh i didn't know you had a bigger one already. lol
I still think ti will be ok. The little one will eventually get bigger and they will match up. It's not an overnight thing.

No need to worry yet. :)

I worried day and night about my baby clowns when i first got them. I still worry too much, I'm worried the coral they are hosting will eat them. LOL See, worrying without reason again...

Lol the same with me I'm always worrying when I'm out or somthing are they ok and stuff like that. , let me ask u another question do u think it's good idea to get a anemone Because I wanted to get them to make my clowns happy but I don't want it kill my other fish or inverts and my coral either u know

My personal opinion is no, stay away from the nems. I had one a few months ago and really didn't like it. It can move, if it's large it takes up to much tank space and it requires high lighting and pristine established water.

Get some corals, they might host that too. Even if you got a nem, theres no guarantee they would host it anyways.

Oh alright yeah that's why I never got it , u have a suggestions for a beginner coral ?

Frogspawn and hammers are great beginner ones and clowns sometimes host them. Just corals though Zooa's are cheap and pretty and really easy. But clowns dont host them :-(

Lol let us know what you decide on.

the twitching is normal between clowns and is part of the dominance ritual.The clowns will host just about anything,mine host a terracotta pot and my fry host an ammonia badge

Back
Top Bottom