My balloon belly mollie is swimming on its side what do i do!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

omgitzmollie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My mollie just started this

Attachments

• image-3546565592.jpg
    image-3546565592.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 105
Could be a bladder issue, possible bloat or constipation. Water parameters? And what kind if feeding habits? Also what type of food?

Twice a day omaga one coloe flakes 4 trop fish and perfect water

Chronos313 said:
Could be a bladder issue, possible bloat or constipation. Water parameters? And what kind if feeding habits? Also what type of food?

It might be swim bladder!

Well I think you feed it little bits of peas with no skin on them. Once they eat it you don't feed it for I think one or two days. I could be wrong but I think that's how I cured it once.

After I had issues with my dwarf gourami's I switched to food that has spiraluna as a main ingredient, and so far no issues in 5 months

torres said:
twice a day is alot, i recommend every other day

Well it depends on how much is fed, you can't say it's a lot if it's only small amounts lol :)

I use hikari pellets and give a pinch twice a day, simply because I don't have time to feed em the full amount at once.

Small amounts I can see they are eating and then head out.

torres said:
twice a day is alot, i recommend every other day

Well i also have 3 black skirt tetras 2 buenos aires tetras 3 red lamp tetras and 3 other mollies

The general advice given is to blanch a pea, take the shell off and squash it up to feed to the fish. Then don't feed it for 2 days.

Balloon mollies can suffer from digestive issues because of their deformed bodies. Fancy goldfish suffer from the same issues. Try pre soaking the food or switching to a sinking pellet to avoid the fish gulping air as it eats. As said above add a blanched, deshelled, crushed pea to the fishes diet once a week to help it pass food.

Back
Top Bottom