my betta is scared of bloodworms!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smilla4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought some frozen bloodworms today to provide some variation from flake food and dropped a few in my tank. My betta swam up to check it out, looked at it, then ran away!

The minnows and the ghost shrimp were going nuts. The ghost shrimp somehow managed to pull the one the betta rejected through the breeders net, but before she could eat it, the minnows chased her off and fought over it.

interesting , because wherver I have read, (and seen with my betta too), bettas love bloodworm a lot. Bettas just have too much personality , every one is different from the other :)

He might very well find out he likes them, if he overcomes his fear of approaching them :wink:

The reaction was too funny. It would be like me freaking out and running away from a pint of ben and jerrys.

Hi smilla4,
Did your betta eat the bloodworms yet? I bet he will after he gets used to them! Maybe he would rather eat ice cream instead! LOL, just kidding!!

I will try again next week...

Perhaps I should try yogurt. I think they could use a round of healthy probiotic bacteria. Organic, so no hormones, I wouldn't want them to ingest rgbh, that might be bad for them. :D

Back
Top Bottom