My betta isnt eating anymore!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PondFond

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi i have a 4 year old betta who wont eat anymore. He is on his way out because he has outlived his lifespan. Is there any hope? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

he has started to do all these funny flippy thing and trying to jump out of the tank. I made the water shallow to make it easier on him so its a good thing that he can't get out or he would. I don't think he has much time :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :angel:

I am really sorry for you. I remember when my first betta died. It was a shock to me, so I can imagine how hard it is to know that he is near the end.

i made a new topic fr this because it is a differant subject, it is still my betta but something new is happening. Plus people look at new posts more than they do at the day old ones. As well when people come into freshwater discussion they will be able to see that my fish stopped eating and maybe help me, they would not know that the new post made in the old topic i had was that he stopped eating. Thus they are able to respond without having to sort through a bunch of replies. I just need some help. Have a little sympathy.

meredith
yes it is very hard, he has ahd a good long life though, i cleaned him 2 times a wekk, fed him every night, heck i even talked to him! I am prepared for the worse.

well could he have SBD guys?

can he stay in the water or does he just float on his own?

when did he stop eating?

can you specify more about hime?

thanks ill try to help AMAP

he kinda just rests on the bottom but comes up and flips around alot, its like he is trying to jump onto one of the plants and kill himself. He swims with great difficulty, he stopped eating ummm..... i think 2 days ago. He is 4 years old. So that is probably a good factor leeding towards his strange behavior. Can you help or is it old age?

You STILL have not helped us help you. I have not seen a single tank parameter yet.

Lay off a bit! :eek:

What he means is that before posting on sick fish you should at least post your water parametres. That is your ph measure, nitrate levels, and ammonia levels. If you don't have testing kits for these, you can go to the lfs with a water sample from your tank and they will test it for you.

Better yet, read the sticky "before posting read this" in the sick fish forum, then answer all those questions for us. :D:D:D:D: :mrgreen:

He knows what I meant. I told him about it in the "other" topic that preceded this one.

well you did come off really rude to him being a noob and such

anyways about bettas

#1 They can live 1 month without food
#2 the reason why they do that is its part of their basic survival instinct
#3 they get SBD(swim bladder disorder) very easily and SBD is when they cant stay under water

the only way i know how to take care of it is use green peas, deshelled

the peas work like a laxative

OMG

im so sorry, he must of had a good life and seems like he loved you otherwise he woulda kicked the curb 3 years ago

i'm sure he had a great life. He was always there to cheer me up, you see i suffer from depression and my pets help me greatly

Back
Top Bottom