My blue mystery snail died.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
roydooms said:
That'll work. Most members here recommends PRIME by seachem. It also detoxify ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Making it less toxic for the fish.

I'll buy that one next.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your tank Jacqueline. The people on these forums will be happy to give you a hand.

One thing I noticed in your conversation with roydooms that I wanted to ask about.

roydooms said:
You're only suppose to clean it with old aquarium water. Usually when you do a PWC. When did you take The cartridge out? When did you check the ammonia and nitrite?

Jacqueline13 said:
Well I just got the tank about 3 weeks ago. So I haven't done one. Cartridge out yesterday. And just now. So what should I do?

I highlighted what I thought you might have been answering, you haven't done a partial water change (PWC) in the three weeks your tank has been running? If that's the case, and it hasn't been cycled, I suspect that your ammonia (and possibly nitrIte) levels are off the charts. I hope you can get the API freshwater test kit and test ASAP, because high levels of ammonia and nitrIte can kill your fish.

James_in_MN said:
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your tank Jacqueline. The people on these forums will be happy to give you a hand.

One thing I noticed in your conversation with roydooms that I wanted to ask about.

I highlighted what I thought you might have been answering, you haven't done a partial water change (PWC) in the three weeks your tank has been running? If that's the case, and it hasn't been cycled, I suspect that your ammonia (and possibly nitrIte) levels are off the charts. I hope you can get the API freshwater test kit and test ASAP, because high levels of ammonia and nitrIte can kill your fish.

Thank you James. I don't know how I missed that one...

+1 on the ammonia and nitrite levels possibly being off the charts. Assuming it is, I would recommend for you to do a PWC. Do a 50% this morning then another 50% later today. I would do that everyday until I get the test kit because we don't know the levels and you want fresh and clean water for your fish. Do a PWC ASAP.

roydooms said:
Thank you James. I don't know how I missed that one...

+1 on the ammonia and nitrite levels possibly being off the charts. Assuming it is, I would recommend for you to do a PWC. Do a 50% this morning then another 50% later today. I would do that everyday until I get the test kit because we don't know the levels and you want fresh and clean water for your fish. Do a PWC ASAP.

Ok I will. Thank you

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom