my cleaner shrimp and my tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carolito03

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This is wierd, but everything was doing ok with my cleaner shrimp and my tangs, for 6 months. A month ago, I got my cleaner shrimp companion, and they were happy for a week. One day my oldest cleaner shrimp didnt come out to the rocks and I thought it was molting, but its been a month and I know it is not in the tank anymore. I was wondering what would happened to it as I dont have any carnivorous fish. A litte bit after it deasaparence, in the morning I found my new cleaner shrimp without any of its antenas. Yester I saw one of my yellow tangs bitting it on the little antenas... Now I know what happened with my other cleaner shrimp. Thats sad.

Really? The tang did it? I just lost FIVE cleaner shrimp and assumed it was my pistol shrimp. lol

Welcome to the forums by the way!!

:-D

Oh sorry for the delay. I have 2 yellow tangs, one blue tang, one sailfin tang and 2 foxface rabbitfish. Bad news. Yesterday, I saw my clown fish female eating my other cleaner shrimp. When I saw her bitting the cleaner shrimp, it was half way eatten, so I dont know who was the killer.

You have such a weird tank as well. Anyways i think even fish have their own character maybe they were not educated enough lol feel bad for the cs though. I'll check mine from now on 2 cs & 2 fire shrimp.

I dont know if this happened beacuase of this.
A few months ago, someone recomended me to feed frozen brain shrimp to my tangs. I thought it was a good Idea, as the cleaner shrimp are carnivorous and they would get some too. Well, I heard not to feed this food to them everyday becuase they are hervivorous. Well, my tangs seemed to love the brain shrimp a bit too much hehehehe, so I decided not to feed brain shrimp to them anymore, I was afraid they would change their feeding habits. Oh well, I dont know if that has to do anything with my losses... I will always be wondering.

Back
Top Bottom