my clowns are now fighting.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hemmer

Aquarium Advice Activist
well ive had a pair of clowns since last christmas and now the female is considerably larger than the male and just recently for the past couple days the female is nipping at the male. i dont see any marks or nips out of the fins but im sure he dont like it. they dont really hang out together as much as they used to either. do you think they will stop or is it going to get worse??

Did he stay out with the guys all night again and forget to call?

Seriously though, keep an eye on him, they should square up and be fine soon.
Women can be moody creatures LOL

Watch the male. He could be sick. I've seen fish buddies/partners/etc turn on a weaker mate when somethings up - before we can see any signs of illness. BTW, I like to keep garlic and vitamins (Zoe) in my frozen feedings to help boost immune systems.

Had my clowns for 5 years maybe. The male started getting picked on. The female wouldn't let him feed either. Few days later, I noticed a cotton mouth thing going on with the male. Removed the male, treated and fixed the problem. Returned to the tank 2 weeks later or so, healthy. Boyfriend and girlfriend all over again.

Good point. Come to think of it, my female did the same thing before my male came down with Ich. Good looking out.

If you have a QT, I'd throw the male in it now. Let him cooldown, get healthy in a stress-free environment, and he should be ok.

austinsdad said:
BTW, I like to keep garlic and vitamins (Zoe) in my frozen feedings to help boost immune systems.

This is an excellent idea. Really the whole reply is a good suggestion. Nothing like experience.

I agree, the male could be showing signs of stress or disease. In nature, the stronger pick on the weak. QT the male and watch him.

i cant see anything yet for signs of disease cause he looks completely healthy, always is the first to eat, and acts normal but idk yet. and they seem to be getting along a little better i mean there is still some fighting but not as bad as it was.
thanks for all the info.

Back
Top Bottom