My Condy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisc0930

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here's an update on my condy if anyone is interested. Starting from day one when it hid in the shade to today. It looks like its actually gaining a little color and two of my clownfish have now started a host relationship... Very interesting, at least I think...

Attachments

• image-2154869537.jpg
    image-2154869537.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 99
  • image-1613823992.jpg
    image-1613823992.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 98
  • image-1684937953.jpg
    image-1684937953.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 91
  • image-1414136450.jpg
    image-1414136450.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 100
Just to add on to my post, this thing has nearly doubled its size since I got it, and it's been 2 wks!

I got one my clarki host ,like what was said they do move a lot and they grow quick ...

I got one my clarki host ,like what was said they do move a lot and they grow quick ...

I was a little worried because someone else told me it was very bleached and when I first got it, it would hide in the shade. So I'm just happy to see it doing better

Yea most are bleached when you get them from all the stress they are subjected to be for we buy them... But under the right conditions they come back fine ...

Mine looked almost as white as yours when I first got it. It's almost doubled in size since I first got it. Some people say you don't have to feed them that the right lighting is good enough. I feed mine a small piece of fish every Saturday. I hope by doing this it stays in its place better. It's been working so far just a little movement but it stays on the same rock

I bought a little one that was badly bleached but it eventually colored up nice and it got bigger also. My occ. clowns (had 2 at the time) didn't even look at it twice so that's cool you got yours to host. My problem was it would move around as stated and it would get caught on the intake of the powerhead a lot or blow around the tank stinging everything it touched so I eventually brought it back to the LFS.

I bought a little one that was badly bleached but it eventually colored up nice and it got bigger also. My occ. clowns (had 2 at the time) didn't even look at it twice so that's cool you got yours to host. My problem was it would move around as stated and it would get caught on the intake of the powerhead a lot or blow around the tank stinging everything it touched so I eventually brought it back to the LFS.

Well I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that picked it up bleached. It did move around a little, it first went under the shade of my live rock and that's originally where my clownfish hosted it. I knew it was rare for it to host, but my clown started cleaning it as soon as I introduced it into the tank. Later in that night I found my clown laying on top of the nems mouth on its side with the nem's tentacles covering it.. Best way to describe it, it kind of resembled a hug. My fish was just covered. At first I thought it was dead. I bent down to get a closer look and sure enough my clownfish wiggled free and swam up to me. Then my nemy moved to a crevice on my live rock, attached itself inside and stretches its base just enough for the light. It's been there ever since and now I have my other clown hosting it. the first clown is the one that has been laying eggs lately.. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some babies :):):):)

Back
Top Bottom