My cycling fish are in, have questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBailey0625

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, I just got 4 small yellow danios to cycle my 20 gal long with. My tank was set up and running 24 hours beforr fish was added and their is a little cloudiness in my tank water. I added stress coat and some nutrafin biofilteration. I tested my water quality before I added my fish and everything seemed in tolerance. My questions are at this point, how much should I test my water quality and ammonia levels, and what to do if my water stays cloudy. And are the 4 danios good for cycling with? Any useful info would be great and thank you

well with fish-in cycling you need to test your water everyday or multiple times a day and if ammonia or nitrites are above .25ppm you need to do a water change.

my guess is the water is cloudy from the nutrafin you added, give it a little time and see

BHead707 said:
well with fish-in cycling you need to test your water everyday or multiple times a day and if ammonia or nitrites are above .25ppm you need to do a water change.

my guess is the water is cloudy from the nutrafin you added, give it a little time and see

Thanks much appreciated

Welcome to AA, sounds like you are off to a good start with you fish-in cycle. Keep up the good work, and as stated above make sure to keep up on your water changes.

Thanks everyone for the help, will keep you posted, I know patience is a virtue when it comed to this hobby!

What % of water change should I do for a 0.25ppm reading of ammonia?

Back
Top Bottom