my electric blue johannii using my 12 inch pleco as a cave.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d1anonly22

Aquarium Advice Freak
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
22492-albums530-picture3924.jpg

yeah me to. the lttle brat like to try and get in between my mating jack dempseys and the male has to chase him away. hes a funny little guy. i will be posting new pics on my profile album for everyone to see.

Nice tank! I'm concerned about the use of a desk as a stand for that large tank. The edges of the tank are hanging over the desk, making for an unstable situation. All edges and corners of the tank need to be supported by the stand and this desk doesn't look sturdy enough in the long run to support this much weight.

believe me, ive had a lot of different tanks on a lot of different stands and this one is perfectly fine on the desk. the desk supports up to 800 pounds my tank is at max 500. as far as the corners they are barely over the edge.

That still puts a lot of stress on the corners. It's not something I'd personally be comfortable with... after keeping aquariums on furniture in the past, I've since decided that it isn't worth the risk.

Where did the 800 lbs. figure come from?

I just want to chime in here... I noticed what you noticed too, mama, about the overhang... but having worked with acrylic and acrylic welding, I know about the strength of those seams... They are strong! And also, there is a lot of downward force to be sure on the bottoms of tanks, but really aquariums are much more about the outward pressure on the walls of the tank from the inside... The tank looks like it is going to hold up in the photo. Im no expert, but my $.02...

yeah its been there for 4 months i really dont think anything is going to happen or it would have already.;)

Not necessarily true, but ok.

I kept a 30 long on a sturdy dresser for about 2 years and the dresser was quite warped by the time I moved the tank. Nothing ever happened because of it, but I'd sure never try it again.

Back
Top Bottom