My first aquarium is a 6g nano, looking for fish ideas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love the light.... Love the tank.... Love the aqua scraping.... But would be able to appreciate it that much more if I saw something live in there :)

Harelquin are intresting speices with a even more intresting diet. They will only accept starfish. So every time you feed them it costs a tun. Other then that they are a fairly easy speices.

They will be fine with your peppermint shrimp. As for the how many it all depends on you.

I heard brittle stars reproduce fast..if they were kept in a lager tanks sump would they be ok?

Britlle stars are finethey will reproduce fast but not out of hand. They are scavengers so as long you dont over feed you ar good.

Leilei hows the tank coming

Thanks for checking up on me! The tank is going well. I probably won't add fish until after I move into the dorms, to avoid traumatizing them too much. But I did find an asterina star, a couple of bristleworms, a limpet, a majano, a sponge, a new snail, and some other anemone.

After I move, I'll be getting two neon gobies, hopefully a male and a female so they won't fight. And then probably some zoas?

No problem. THe stock list sounds good but you have a problem with the majano anemone. They spread so fast and can sting corals, etc. Also post a picture of the other anenome it may be aptasia, another nusience anemone.

No problem. THe stock list sounds good but you have a problem with the majano anemone. They spread so fast and can sting corals, etc. Also post a picture of the other anenome it may be aptasia, another nusience anemone.

I have something that looks like either a corynactis or pseudocorynactis. From this thread. If it stays really small, we can assume it's corynactis, right? That's the harmless one. Also, I feel bad getting rid of the majano, since it's not currently hurting anything or multiplying. Same goes for the supposedly coral-eating asterina star.

Just make sure they dont take over those majano. Also i would get advice from elsewhere on the corynactis. But the asterina stars are perfectly fine. They are fast to multiply and are great scavengers.

Back
Top Bottom