my first coral....yellow polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nycfatcow

Aquarium Advice Freak
i was thinking about getting a yellow polyp at my lfs. I think its a frag with a couple of piece or the yellow polyp. It goes for around 17 bucks. Is this type of coral easy to raise? Do they multiply? What do i feed them? and is 17 bucks a good price for that frag? Thanks a lot!!

They are relatively hardy and yes, they spread like weeds. I have yellow polyps everywhere in my tank. Sounds like a good price to me.

Definitely easy and that's a good price. If I'm not mistaken, they're not autotrophs so you'd have to feed something like cyclopeeze every few days. Good luck!

KG

hah thanks waht do they eat though? waht i gotta buy from them?

I don't feed mine directly, and I don't feel it is necessary. They grab whatever they can when you feed the fish and get nutrition from your lights as well. I have in the past fed them cyclops as well as mysid shrimp which they always took eagerly. They behave like small anemones closing around the food when it hits them. Good luck with yours.

Back
Top Bottom