My First Corals WOOT WOOT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I took the plunge today and finally bought my first 2 corals.
I'm so excited! I'm supposed to either get or order my fish Saturday so it's coming along nicely.

I owe alot of Thanks to this forum btw.......

Those zoas look awesome! God.. everytime i see zoas i just miss mine more and more.. :(

Both of those look great. Those were some of my first corals too and those guys kept going till I sold them back. Good choices :)

nice! I'm hopin to start gettin into coral after i get my new lights in the next few weeks. I'm lookin for radioactive dragon eyes, some of the pink zoas, and probably eagle eye or starfire zoas. I'm gonna try to make a cool colony. (sorry to trail off XD) good luck with your corals!

Better than my choice in anemones. ;-) lol And the guy at this new shop said he would take the condy I bought by mistake and might even give me a few bucks.

So excited still, I keep watching them.....

That's good to hear, if you're lookin for a different anemone, I was told carpet anemones are good hosts. I myself am gonna try to get my clowns to host in my zoas once I get em.

If i get rid of this anemone I might wait a while b4 the next one. lol Fool me once shame on u, fool me twice and well shame on ME!

lol yea, I'm really wanting to get my coral started, but I need to get lighting, and a powerheard and skimmer, which I guess is good that way my tank can mature some more in the process

I got my lights only 2 weeks ago, went with a 30" quad t5 setup. And my skimmer is a Remora. But that's coming tomorrow. I figured I'd be ok for a day without one.

I'm going to be going with the reefbrite led's, and probably a seaclone i believe it was, skimmer. not sure atm, still looking for those.

Read up on the skimmers. i was dumb and bought a cheap one that was total garbage. i spent the extra money and got one with excellent reviews. prob spent too much but I didn't wanna skimp since I'm going mostly corals

Yep, I'd rather spend more on a skimmer and other accessories, than have my fish/coral die, have to buy multiple ones, etc.

Back
Top Bottom