My Fish In Cycle :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Convict2161 said:
Seriously though. You asked questions and the important thing is you listened and took the proper advice while still doing YOUR own thing!! That's what this forum is all about. People helping people.

+1 to that!

Convict2161 said:
Seriously though. You asked questions and the important thing is you listened and took the proper advice while still doing YOUR own thing!! That's what this forum is all about. People helping people!! How's the testing coming along or are you distracted again lol.

Unbelievably distracted! :) Omg.. where is my head tonight?! :)

AndrewsPistol said:
Ok. Pulled my face outta my phone long enough to test my water... 5 minutes!

Get to it! No excuses! I wanna see these results. What's your stock again? Once your cycled you can add more and really have fun!! I have babies if you want some.

Convict2161 said:
Get to it! No excuses! I wanna see these results. What's your stock again? Once your cycled you can add more and really have fun!! I have babies if you want some.

Ha! Ok,ok! Here it is! Ammo 0 Trites n Trates 0 ph has seemed to dropped about .2??!! Is that from 100% wc?

Oh and I have 1 Kenyi, 1 empress, 2 labs, 1 afra, 1 red zebra and 1 psuedotropheus elongatus ornatus... Was originally sold to me as a male Kenyi but found pig its true identity later :)

AndrewsPistol said:
Ha! Ok,ok! Here it is! Ammo 0 Trites n Trates 0 ph has seemed to dropped about .2??!! Is that from 100% wc?

Most likely, what's the pH at right now? Don't do anymore big water changes IMO stick to PWC or 50% If needed. You did the big water change because the substrate change?

AndrewsPistol said:
Oh and I have 1 Kenyi, 1 empress, 2 labs, 1 afra, 1 red zebra and 1 psuedotropheus elongatus ornatus... Was originally sold to me as a male Kenyi but found pig its true identity later :)

Thats fine. 6 in a 55g? I would add a few more. But if you do I would add them all at the same time. And maybe before adding the rock scape so they don't establish territory yet.

Convict2161 said:
Most likely, what's the pH at right now? Don't do anymore big water changes IMO stick to PWC or 50% If needed. You did the big water change because the substrate change?

It's dark brown almost like 8.2 but it normally has that maybe lime color to it. Yes I pulled all the water out, but I kept enough to house all the media from my filters. J used some of what I saved to fill the aquaclear up.

Convict2161 said:
Thats fine. 6 in a 55g? I would add a few more. But if you do I would add them all at the same time. And maybe before adding the rock scape so they don't establish territory yet.

7, that is a great idea because I may not be switching the scape for awhile since I'm using silicone... It has to cure for 48 hours so maybe ill make an emergency run to the lfs :)

There ya go! And 8.2 is perfect but remember what I told ya. Stability is very important. A mean a minor swing is ok but you wanna stay within range. So 8.0-8.2 isn't a major deal. But 8.2 to 7.0 might cause some stress. That's a rather large swing I believe.

AndrewsPistol said:
7, that is a great idea because I may not be switching the scape for awhile since I'm using silicone... It has to cure for 48 hours so maybe ill make an emergency run to the lfs :)

Agree, great idea to add before the major landscape change.
The readings look normal for the major water change, as convict said, now is the time to see if your biofilter will hold properly, so keep reading but don't make more pwc unless there is an ammonia spike, I hope that you don't experience a mini cycle with the substrate change.

This thread is entertaining!!!

ejaramillo01 said:
Agree, great idea to add before the major landscape change.
The readings look normal for the major water change, as convict said, now is the time to see if your biofilter will hold properly, so keep reading but don't make more pwc unless there is an ammonia spike, I hope that you don't experience a mini cycle with the substrate change.

This thread is entertaining!!!

I'm praying it will hold! I don't think I had much of one to start with! Time will tell :) thinkin about ordering another active filter from angelsplus just to be in the safe side! It most definitely is entertaining but also a great learning experience!

AndrewsPistol said:
I'm praying it will hold! I don't think I had much of one to start with! Time will tell :) thinkin about ordering another active filter from angelsplus just to be in the safe side! It most definitely is entertaining but also a great learning experience!

You already have a double filter in the tank, so I believe that you will have enough good bacteria between the two filters.
Lot all people remove the carbon or ammonia remover packs from the AquaClear filters and replace it with more ceramic or bio-balls to increase the biofilter capacity.

ejaramillo01 said:
You already have a double filter in the tank, so I believe that you will have enough good bacteria between the two filters.
Lot all people remove the carbon or ammonia remover packs from the AquaClear filters and replace it with more ceramic or bio-balls to increase the biofilter capacity.

I did remove my carbon but my lfs was out of biorings do I bought another sponge to house more bb!

So I know this isn't what you want to hear but if it is an elongatus, be careful cause they are nasty. I have 5 in my 125.

Malawi Freak said:
So I know this isn't what you want to hear but if it is an elongatus, be careful cause they are nasty. I have 5 in my 125.

Oh man... I already got 2 very nasty fish! They go rounds alllll dayyyy!

Back
Top Bottom