My fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
8O

Yeah I will have to agree with the others...those fish are way to big for a 50g tank...when I saw the first angel I was like woaah way to big! can he even swim around???
Also you really should return the sharks...Sharks are very sensitive in captivity to water changes and are hard to keep ( 2 years with a experienced aquarist is a good life span!) and as far as miniturization goes yeah the sharks will most likely stop growing lengthwise but the head will keep growing and after some time(if it lasts long enough.) it will look all deformed and eventually will not be able to swim because its head will weigh to much and will be too big for the fins and tail.....

Not trying to bash you dude but those are some expensive and impressive specimens just to have them die on you in a few months time...
Also you should look for a new lfs...anyone who says they can miniaturize salt fish is obviously stupid (or everyone here with a 29 g nano reef would have emperor an queen angels and all the other great beautiful fish that you cant have unless you have a tank like my size(250g)...Not to mention that any LFS that cares about the hobbiest and isnt out to rip you off would have not sold you those fish knowing that you have a 50g an little experience in SW....

Do yourself a favor an return them and use the credit to get some LR and more suitable fish....

Good luck!!
Mike

Please return these fish and opt for something smaller, as we are all fish lovers and dont want to see these fish die.
Also other things to consider is the bio load of those fish are huge what is your filtration like it would want to be 4 time over rated for your tank size to keep up.
so consider this because i can see you doing pwc every 2 days because of ammonia levels. so if the tank size dosnt kill them it will be the poor water quality unless you are a very deicated water changer.... whcih will in turen cost you a crap load in salt.

please let us know what you decide.

good luck.

After fighting back the many other things I can say I have chosen just to say this:

"These fish are not science experiments. Stressing them and forcing mother nature's hand into doing something, in my opinion, is not your choice to make. For example, taking perfectly healthy Gold fish, stressing it, cross-breeding it, minitaturizing it, or DNA tampering, to make it have HUGE bulging eyeballs (or in this case miniaturizing it) is not appealing. Some people may enjoy this but I do not. Taking a perfectly healthy and obviously blessed animal and "miniaturizing" it or, in essence, abusing the animal is not the most sane thing to do. I have not been a member long but I can assure you that this place is about promoting the health of their environment to provide them with a loving and 'close-to-home' feel so they can live normal fish lives. Please take the fish back to the store to enable all of them to have a proper living environment by someone that will ensure their livelihood and health."

Trameltanz you may have not been a member long, however you have figured out the site. Most people on AA are all about proper care and helping others.

An alert moderator already locked Finest's other thread so I pray this one gets locked as well. A lot of people that dedicate their time, including myself are becoming upset. (well I only help on the F/W side for now but that is not the point) Finest, AA is a great place with great people to give advice about proper care of aquatic life. If you do not take it seriously you should either be more responsible, or move on and find a new hobby. Sorry, if I am rude but I take neglect of fish, and any other form of life very serious

locking the thread will not help anything, everyone is giving great advice and are staying civil. We can only hope that some of the good advice sinks in. If not then hopefully someone out there learned something from the mistakes posted in this thread.
All members are doing a great job buy keeping this post on track.. (y) (y)

mkobu said:
8O

Yeah I will have to agree with the others...those fish are way to big for a 50g tank...when I saw the first angel I was like woaah way to big! can he even swim around???
Also you really should return the sharks...Sharks are very sensitive in captivity to water changes and are hard to keep ( 2 years with a experienced aquarist is a good life span!) and as far as miniturization goes yeah the sharks will most likely stop growing lengthwise but the head will keep growing and after some time(if it lasts long enough.) it will look all deformed and eventually will not be able to swim because its head will weigh to much and will be too big for the fins and tail.....

Not trying to bash you dude but those are some expensive and impressive specimens just to have them die on you in a few months time...
Also you should look for a new lfs...anyone who says they can miniaturize salt fish is obviously stupid (or everyone here with a 29 g nano reef would have emperor an queen angels and all the other great beautiful fish that you cant have unless you have a tank like my size(250g)...Not to mention that any LFS that cares about the hobbiest and isnt out to rip you off would have not sold you those fish knowing that you have a 50g an little experience in SW....

Do yourself a favor an return them and use the credit to get some LR and more suitable fish....

Good luck!!
Mike

Thanks Dude!

You’re message is inspiring well I’ll like to start all over again I’ll setup my second 50gal aquarium. Please give me a good combination of fish. And do you know butterfly fish w/ low maintenance rather than the other.

-finest :D

You’re message is inspiring well I’ll like to start all over again I’ll setup my second 50gal aquarium.

Mmm, how many 50G do you have? From another post of yours, you said you already have 2 running

Well I have 1 which is running already and have a stable condition, 2nd which is running right now but it's still on cycle and 3rd new 50gal. So I have 3 50gal.

Inquiring minds want to know.....

Did you take the fish back????????

No one's is gonna be willing to help you I'll bet until you do. :wink:

LFS did not accept the fishes, I just give it to my 3 friends which has bigger aquarium than me. I just take you’re advice so are you happy?! Please do not brag or attack like this person “Trameltanz & Hara” that he thinks he know all about fishing industries, breeding, cross-breeding, etc… etc…, and I’m busy at work so that’s why I cannot view this page every day, don’t think that I will never come back like some people in this forum, and some people telling that lock the thread like “seaham358” I like to know “seaham358” what did you advice me huh! Nothing you just attacking or bragging people like me hey! Not all people here is really a newbie some people here is just check what will be you’re answer to the questions but actually they know the answer already sometimes they just check the efficiency of this forum to the others. Sorry for my words but must know it.

But I like to thank to the following, for giving me inspiration and advice.

Austinsdad
Mkobu
2revup

IMO, they are not attacking or bragging at all. They are just trying to help you. Why would anyone spend their sacred time just to brag and attacking a person online?... Their words might have been harsh but just b/c you made really really big mistakes that might have offended them

Finest, I applaud you taking the advice and moving your fish to better accommodations!
Those folks are just trying to help. The more resistance a person puts up, tends to bring out more "harsh" wording. Most of those folks have been around and are adding their experience and advice. Please don't take it the wrong way. Sometimes folks need to hear something in a different way to "snap" them out of it. I am pretty stubborn and it has caused me more work, in the long run.
Again, I just wanted to say listen, don't get offended, and take your time to enjoy your hobby. We are hear to help, not bash or make fun of others.

and some people telling that lock the thread like “seaham358” I like to know “seaham358” what did you advice me huh!
Read the post again Finest, seaham said the post should NOT be locked.

some people here is just check what will be you’re answer to the questions but actually they know the answer already sometimes they just check the efficiency of this forum

You are in NO position to rate the quality of our responses. I asked you to show where the things are being done that you say they are. You tried to justify your actions with comments that are untrue or make no sense.

LFS did not accept the fishes, I just give it to my 3 friends which has bigger aquarium than me. I just take you’re advice so are you happy?!
It is not about US being happy. It is about the colossal attempt we are making to help you be a better, more concientious fish keeper.

I don't think that will happen. Finest has already taken the good advice of the memebrs and seems to be more responsive to suggestions.

I really doubt this guy is even being serious. Look at him, setting up 3 50G's just to respond to our advices. Either he's wasting our time with his long/bad joke or he's just making things up to cover his mistakes, which he refuses to fix.

Back
Top Bottom