My girls a PAIN!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjrossi88

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm getting ready to add fish to my now cycled tank. I already have a list made up with the likes of mollies, tetras, platys, etc. But my girl won't stop complaining that she wants at least 1 bigger fish in there because all of those aren't big enough I guess. Any suggestions on a fish I could get that would get a little bigger that what I mentioned without being a danger to the smaller fish??

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If this is the 55 gallon n on your page then try a Keyhole Cichlid. Very peaceful and community friendly.

Caleb

That'd be the one. Dude, you're awesome! I think you've had input for literally ever question I've had since I started. Thanks!!

What's your exact stock? Some rainbows could fit in nicely, possibly boesemani.

+1 on the keyhole. Most friendly cichlid I have owned and have a great personality ;) here's mine (the hound)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432291734.482352.jpg

Must... Resist... MTS!!

What's your exact stock? Some rainbows could fit in nicely, possibly boesemani.

No exact stock yet as my tank just recently finished its cycle. Hopefully today i am making my first LFS trip. My current list is dalmatian mollies, sunset platys, bleeding heart tetras, boesemans rainbows, kuhli loaches, cherry red shrimps, and nerite snails. I was also thinking of some corys and now definitely 2 keyhole cichlids. According to Aqadvisor I can get all of these, at their appropriate numbers, without being overstocked. However, I personally think that is too much so I think I need to eliminate some.

If you have any input on my list please don't hesitate to let me know! Thanks!!

Maybe an angelfish?

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

I think an angelfish would eat the shrimps and snails.

Keyholes are great. Their patterns are constantly changing, & they have a really cool shape. The only problem that I see is they might out-compete some fish for food. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432456673.625452.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Keyholes are awesome but they are very skittish if you don't give them enough places to hide. Here's Guido as a baby and full grown.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1432493562739.jpg
    1432493562739.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 1432493589318.jpg
    1432493589318.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom