My guppy keeps pecking my pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all. I just bought a pleco today and my one guppy won't stop following my pelco around.. He keeps pecking at his side... Then the pleco turns around and goes after him... Is this normal the pleco doesn't do anything to anyone but eat the algae.

36 gal it has 5 guppy 3 neon tetra and the pelco... And tons of hiding spots.

Hmmm that's not the problem then. Did you quarantine the Pleco? I believe fish will attack sick fish to help their own chances of survival but that may be a myth...

No I didn't quarantine him.. I was going to put him in my ten gal with
My baby guppies but he is so active and swims like crazy all around, that I didn't no if it would be big enough... He doesn't seem Sick he ate the algae wafer I put in until the other fish tried eating it, then he laid on top of it and that's when the pecking started... Could it be some sort of territorial thing with that one guppy?

They were after the food then, and now realised that he's competition for food. See how it goes, mine were curious too when I first got a pleco and kept pecking at him for a day or two, then stopped. They all ignore each other now.

Ok lol I'll keep an eye on them... Now it seems that the pelco is just ignoring him whenever he pecks him... Soo hopefully it will end soon.

Back
Top Bottom