my new 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wiggles, you got lucky. I didn't, though. A long time ago I didn't know that salt was harmful to snails and it killed my favorite snail immediately.:( I was very sad.

Funny story. The first tank I added salt to was bought used from a friend I fished out all the snails I could see n put them in my gourami tank(big mistake) the ones I attempted to save all got eaten n the ones I figured we're doomed thrived n multiplied(rapidly)!!!

No salt in the tank, I don't believe in it. Although maybe I should try it, I've never had this much trouble with a tank before

Its been a while since I undated so here we go. Decided to go with glass cats instead of cory cats and I changed the stocking around and finished the plants. I think its finally done. Here is the current stock:
Flame Gourami x1
Neon Tetra x11
Albino BN x1
Glass Cat x5

Here is the tank i'll get some picks of the fish and post soon
ForumRunner_20121202_220823.jpg

agwats said:
Its been a while since I undated so here we go. Decided to go with glass cats instead of cory cats and I changed the stocking around and finished the plants. I think its finally done. Here is the current stock:
Flame Gourami x1
Neon Tetra x11
Albino BN x1
Glass Cat x5

Very nice tank! I love neon tetra schools!

Flame Gourami x1
Neon Tetra x11
Albino BN x1
Glass Cat x5

Been reading your thread from the beginning and im sorry for your fish deaths,its always hard to lose them,but tank is looking good and good luck with your fish have you still got your Betta ?

Been reading your thread from the beginning and im sorry for your fish deaths,its always hard to lose them,but tank is looking good and good luck with your fish have you still got your Betta ?

The betta just died about 2 months ago. He was at least 1.5 years old when I got him, probably older, so I was expecting that one. Idk what was going on with the cory cats :/. I gave the cherry barbs to my nephew and decided to go with neons so I traded the other tetras. Thank you for following this tank. Its changed a lot but I think its how its going to be for a while.

New pics :)

My flame gourami up close and personal

ForumRunner_20121203_173117.jpg

The neons

ForumRunner_20121203_173224.jpg

The glass cats, hard to get pics of

ForumRunner_20121203_173326.jpg

ForumRunner_20121203_173353.jpg

And my BN :) I love this guy

ForumRunner_20121203_173455.jpg

And the tank as of this afternoon

ForumRunner_20121203_173539.jpg

The betta just died about 2 months ago. He was at least 1.5 years old when I got him, probably older, so I was expecting that one. Idk what was going on with the cory cats :/. I gave the cherry barbs to my nephew and decided to go with neons so I traded the other tetras. Thank you for following this tank. Its changed a lot but I think its how its going to be for a while.

Awwww sorry to.hear that.mate

I know right. I want another one but I think im going to build a 5.5g for the next one. Just a planted home for him and maybe some shrimp

Sounds good yeah,although loads of folks on here have mentioned Bettas will eat shrimps,but it depends on Betta temperment !!

Back
Top Bottom