My new 5 gallon setup.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tyler D

Aquarium Advice Regular
After my betta sorority was killed off I decided to put some guppies into my now empty 5 gallon. Haven't kept any fish other than bettas. Any suggestions? (3 male guppies 1 female 1 black apple snail 1 Sakura shrimp. (Had 2 but 1 died from the move) and some baby tears and 2 unidentified plants). Can u guys also help me I d the plants? One is something wort(slipped out of memory.) an one is a mossy plant that came on a baby tear growing on a log I bought.

Thanks.

Attachments

• image-1261779560.jpg
    image-1261779560.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 100
After my betta sorority was killed off I decided to put some guppies into my now empty 5 gallon. Haven't kept any fish other than bettas. Any suggestions? (3 male guppies 1 female 1 black apple snail 1 Sakura shrimp. (Had 2 but 1 died from the move) and some baby tears and 2 unidentified plants). Can u guys also help me I d the plants? One is something wort(slipped out of memory.) an one is a mossy plant that came on a baby tear growing on a log I bought.

Thanks.

The "something"wort is most likely hornwort. And the other plant may be an anubias of some sort. And as for the guppies it is typically better to have more females than males because the males tend to harass the females and having more females kind of spreads the attention so that the others can have time to rest while their friends are being chased.

Oh ok. Is it urgent? I have noticed the female seems to bee doing most of the harassing so idk. And yeah hornwort! That's it I remember now lol. Thanks.

Also I didn't want a zillion babies on my hands so i only got one female. Still wanted the experience of breeding.

Well so long as the female doesn't seem too stressed I suppose it wouldn't hurt. I used to keep guppies and my males always chased my females around the tanks. But then I had fancy guppies. Good luck to you, though.

Back
Top Bottom