My new 50 gallon aquarium.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Svenix

Aquarium Advice Regular
(I thought I posted this but I don't think it worked..)
So I finally got my new 50g tank today and I really need some help. I'm feeling overwhelmed and really stupid right now... I thought it would be a good idea to put some heat lamps on the glass tops to dry the remaining gravel inb the aquarium out so it would be easier to look through to find dead snails. This resulted in the glass cracking and breaking into the aquarium. I was thinking I could just put it back together with some aquarium sealant? I have a feeling the whole tank should be resealed but I'm not sure how to tell and I have no clue how to go about it.
I have a 5 gallon bucket full of gravel that came with the tank, it's realllyy small almost like sand and I was wondering if it would be alright for growing plants in since I have a 4 gallon bucket full of plants! There is enough to have 2.5 inches in the bottom. I know I'm going to have problems with pest snails as I've found over 50 shells in the little bit of gravel left in the bottom of the tank.. Will there be eggs in the gravel that I need to worry about? How do I treat the plants to kill these pest snails safely without harming them or future inhabitants?
Sorry for the questions, I'll probably have a ton more when I can think of some!
Any advice, comments, and anything else really would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Svenix.

So is this a used tank? If you're concerned about the gravel having snails you could just toss it and get new gravel. It depend what kind of snails they are in how they reproduce--do you know?

Not sure about the lid or the tank. Can you post some pics?

Back
Top Bottom