My new 60 gl cube reef build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya its solid as a rock no pun intended. I have puddy on most of the rocks just because I had it laying around but even before then it was really solid.

I supprised myself with this aquascape because it was my first try and it came out great I couldn't be happier. On all my other tanks it took me atlease 3 or 4 tries to get it right.

quick update. i got the reef angel controller all configured correct with the wifi unit installed are working flawlessly. and ive made a little change to my stocking list. instead of a black and white clown pair i picked this pair of picasso clowns. these littler guys are so cool got them in my qt right now ill keep them there for a few weeks.

ill be doing more testing tomorrow and give u guys a list of my parameters

heres a pic of my new babies.

forgot the pics

Attachments

• IMAG0795.jpg
    IMAG0795.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMAG0796.jpg
    IMAG0796.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMAG0797.jpg
    IMAG0797.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 74
Not sure how I missed this build...looks solid! Can you tell more about your sump? The DSB looks solid, but what are the 3 plastic jugs with it? I want to assume ATO, but 3 seems pretty overkill? Either way, the whole thing looks so clean, I wish mine was like that!

well i built the sump out of 1/4" glass. i had to custom build it becaues of the odd shape of my stand. the sump holds just under 20 gallons.

and as for the three jugs. thats my 2 part dosing liquids cal, alk and mag. if you look closely to the pictures you will see my dosing pump right behind my reef-angel controller. i probably wont need to dose for a while but when i built my last stand for my other tank i didnt have room for my dosing pump so i havent been using it. since im gonna turning the other tank in to my aggressive/ non-reef safe fish with very little corals in it so i dont need to dose.my bi-weekly pwc keeps all my parameters in check...

Here's a few now pics of the sump from this morning.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130112_113550.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130112_113550.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 121
  • ForumRunner_20130112_113611.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130112_113611.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 88
  • ForumRunner_20130112_113721.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130112_113721.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 90
guys im having a little trouble wit the PH of this tank. ive never had a issue with PH before. do you guys have a good ideas on raising my PH. right now its at 7.8 i need to get it up before i start stocking this tank.

any suggestion would be great thanks

clink on the link in my sig and see what my live parameters are

well i would well like to get it up. i understand when i add just fish its not a big deal but when i put all my corals in i would like to have in the 8.2 range. how can i get it up? theres no fish or inverts in the tan so im not worried about the oh swing.

you think 7.7-7.8 are good for corals

Yeah. Mine has dropped to those levels when my ro/di was down and I used store do water. I saw no issues with my corals/clam. It didn't arise until I tried to bring it back up. If you dont have a power head point it at the surface, do it and see if it helps.

Alright well the ph neven gets above 7.82 even with th power head pointed at the water. I have a graffic cart of my ph and the lowest it went is 7.69. I feel this is way to low. Now when I start dosing the tank my ph will rise but I'm a few months away for that since I will be stocking this thank slowly. What's a good method of raising the ph and keeping it stable. Any suggestions would be nice.

Alright well the ph neven gets above 7.82 even with th power head pointed at the water. I have a graffic cart of my ph and the lowest it went is 7.69. I feel this is way to low. Now when I start dosing the tank my ph will rise but I'm a few months away for that since I will be stocking this thank slowly. What's a good method of raising the ph and keeping it stable. Any suggestions would be nice.

I've used Kent's buffer a couple of times. It's not real expensive and is easy to find at Petco.

Tank and setup look real real sharp!! Nice job and nice ate too. To detail and keeping things clean on the sump part. Wires etc all clean and neat.

Very Very well done!!

Tank and setup look real real sharp!! Nice job and nice ate too. To detail and keeping things clean on the sump part. Wires etc all clean and neat.

Very Very well done!!

Thanks. I been planning this build for a year now. And now seeing it come to life is awesome. There's still a lot of wire management needed to be done. I'm ocd with this build I want everything to be Neat and clean. My 45 reef was a big learning experience with the hole setup( not neat and clean lol) so I want this tank to be right and once all done and stocked. I will be rebuilding my 45 tall tank. :) but Ofcourse when I save some more money this tank cost more then I planned for.

Thanks for looking.

It's at 7.8 once was low at 7.69. If you click on the link in my Sig u can see a live reading of my ph temp and what not. I want my ph in the 8.2 range and for some reason no matter what I try it goes back down to 7.8 I was adjusting my alk yesterday because it was at 7.0 then after adjusting the Kh it went up to 8.2 but then today its back down. here's a list of my parameter.

Ph-7.81
Calc- 400
Kh-7.0
Mag- 1400
Nitrates- 0.00-0.25
Ammo-0.00
Phos- 0.12 yesterday and 0.01 today after gfo reactor installed.

The tank went throught a small quick cycle and finished about a week ago. Sand and rocks were all from my other tanks. I never really seen a big jump in my ammonia .50 ppm at the most but I think that's was from a little die off from the sand and rocks being in the containers for a month with no light just heater and powerhead. I left most of my clean up crew was in the containers along with the rocks and sand.

I went through a 2 day diatom outbreak then turned to a hair algae so I installed the gfo reactor after getting a reading of 0.12 from my Hannah checker. BTW I'm using all readsea tests.

Here's some pictures

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130116_151126.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130116_151126.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 69
  • ForumRunner_20130116_151152.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130116_151152.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 120
  • ForumRunner_20130116_151206.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130116_151206.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 78
Back