My New Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theotheragentm

Aquarium Advice Addict
Sorry for the blog spam, but I didn't remember to send myself my pictures to my work computer.

I’m Back

I just couldn't resist this little guy when I saw him. He's in a 10 gallon right now with a piece of driftwood and a clump of Java Moss. Trying to decide what else to do with the tank. Any suggestions?

I'd suggest watching your betta to see what his personality is like. Mine, for example, loves tunnels and anything he can swim through. I've got my eye on a terra cotta pot with the bottom removed or one of those great floating logs from zoo med: PetWise Market - Zoo Med Floating Aquarium Log - Small

Some like to hide or have things to swim in and out of, so the java moss is great...maybe some more plants or hiding places would be good too. Broad leafed plants are good because some bettas like to rest on the leaves.

Here's a great website that has suggestions for betta environments: Bored Betta? - UltimateBettas

Good luck...he's a beauty!!

(hopefully not offending you by assuming you're not familiar with bettas...I can see you are very experienced in this hobby...Just so eager to be helpful now that I'm somewhat less of a newbie)

Definitely no offense taken. It's sad when we can't put our two cents in without worrying that someone else will think we are talking down to him. I appreciate the advice.

My tank is definitely lacking in the stimulation. As noted, there is a piece of driftwood and Java Moss, but nothing else. I was thinking of adding some more plants and some shrimp in the tank, not caring if a few get eaten.

Thanks for that:) It's one of the reasons why I love this site so much...people here are respectful and appreciative no matter if they are new or veterans!

I would also think that a nice dark background would set off his stunning colors nicely.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom