My new cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StarskreamX82

Aquarium Advice Regular
I decided I would remove the platys back to the 10g and get some cichlids for the 30g. My first 2 little guys are a Firemouth and a Tiger Oscar, I also have 2 angels that wont stay still for a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0028.jpg
    IMG_0028.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 86
StarskreamX82 said:
I decided I would remove the platys back to the 10g and get some cichlids for the 30g. My first 2 little guys are a Firemouth and a Tiger Oscar, I also have 2 angels that wont stay still for a pic.

Ya..return both of those as soon as possible. Oscar needs a 55 at the very least. Sorry:/

StarskreamX82 said:
They have a bigger home for when they grow a bit, for now I want to be able to see them.

You can still see them in a bigger tank. Think about it... You can create a nice aqua scape for them to enjoy in a larger tank and they will love you for it. Don't do that to the fish it's not fair.

I had gotten 3 Oscars once and had a 29 gallon bow front. Didn't realize what I was doing, brought them right back because I didn't have the money at the time to get a bigger tank.

Point being... It's not right, bottom line. Do the right thing. I you have a bigger tank now then put them in it. I'm sure your line of sight won't be compromised.

Well I was about to move everyone over to the 55g, now I'm returning Oscar. Sometime last night he bit off the end of my angels tail. Now I'm doubting Petcos "experts".

You'll find petco or petsmarts so called experts give out advice it seems to be based on their best guess&consider it to be the gospell...my favorite being "fill up your tank,let the temp equalise for a couple of days&your good to go"...what crap!

I once had a lfs employee tell me the inch long worms living in my gravel were bacteria. Heehee.

Really? They should have to take some beginner classses,but we learn not to depend on their advice...the people at my lfs are very well versed in fish keeping&i'vebeen able to depend on them time & time again...inch long worms are bacteria...LOL!!

I think its a good choice to return the oscar. Steez just re-homed an oscar because he felt that 55g was not enough for even one. But, there are still some really cool cichlids for a 55g.
I like firemouths, I think they are so pretty. What all are you going to put in the 55?

Back
Top Bottom