My new find

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you thought about contacting Wet Spot Tropicals? They aren't listed as wild caught on their site and I've found all the staff there to be very helpful.

I have decided for now to just leads them in the ten with the cherry shrimp. Find this setup very entertaining. Have some nice flow and using no heat. Gonna eventually gonna move them to a 20 high. Set up will be low light. Maybe just some Java moss Anubis and Java fern. Plants aren't really a big part of the pandas natural envirinment. Gonna put them with some shrimp and wcm. See how that set up works

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Have you thought about contacting Wet Spot Tropicals? They aren't listed as wild caught on their site and I've found all the staff there to be very helpful.
How do you go about contacting them for that kind of information?

Keep in mind that just because it doesn't show up on the internet, doesn't mean that it isn't being done. You didn't find anything much when I first started getting my White Cloud Mountain Minnows to reproduce, but there were people who were doing it - they just weren't taking the time to talk about it on the internet.

As you can see they love to eat. The second I put the piece of veggie round in the tank it gets swarmed

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426902620.908634.jpg

The pandas are doing great. Still extremely active. They show zero fear of me. Eating veggie rounds the second it hits the sand. Rest of the day they spend searching for algae. Seeing noticeable growth. The two largest ones are starting to fade their black and white color

So cute! I love those little guys. I would do a species only tank just for them.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Currently they are in a 10g with a few white clouds and the shrimp. Plan this summer is to find room in my apt for a 20 long. Get a mini cannister and a powerhead to get real good single direction flow. Will also slowly soften the water. Will just put them and the white clouds in it. River rock and some drift wood. Only plants will be Java moss and Anubias. With that setup maybe just maybe I will get lucky with some breeding

Have you seen the river manifold designs before? Loaches.com has one, with the concept explained, materials list, steps, everything. I was going to modify it for my 20L riverine tank, before it cracked. Followed by my cats knocking it over and shattering the front pane, so that's out. I'd still like to do it with a 33 extra long once I manage to find one. But it's perfect for recreating the river.

Seen a few YouTube videos on making river tanks. Still way in the planning stage.

Would love to do something like that. I am just so unhandy when it comes to diy projects

Pandas in their star formation ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427524125.363668.jpg

I have seen those before and they are pretty for sure! I have recently become obsessed with Hillstream Loaches or Butterfly Plecos. Have you seen any of those? Their only downfall is they are hard to keep and they stay very small.

I have seen those before and they are pretty for sure! I have recently become obsessed with Hillstream Loaches or Butterfly Plecos. Have you seen any of those? Their only downfall is they are hard to keep and they stay very small.
They need cool water, high oxygen and high flow. A riverine tank. If you can provide that, they're easy to keep, and you can breed them in that set up. The manifold design I posted a few up was designed specifically for Hillstreams. It's what I want to use to breed mine. Other river inhabitants like the White Cloud Minnows (or Golden Clouds) are perfect for that. Freshwater gobies (Stiphodon, Rhinogobius..) would also work in a river community.

Back
Top Bottom