my new khuli loach :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
i got 2 of these guys yesterday and this one is not shy at all hes very playfull loves doing circles up and down the tank. He found this spot on the leaves he rather liked haha.

ForumRunner_20120925_120810.jpg

_skyla_ said:
i got 2 of these guys yesterday and this one is not shy at all hes very playfull loves doing circles up and down the tank. He found this spot on the leaves he rather liked haha.

Very nice!

I've had two of these guys for a few months and hardly get to see mine! I've read up on them and apparently you need atleast a dozen and a few caves and such and than they say they should be very lively little guys, but personally I think it depends on the fish itself. P.s if you like loaches I recommend weather loaches they're very friendly I've even fed mine out of my hand! Read up on them their history is very cool!!!

PolyptRus said:
I've had two of these guys for a few months and hardly get to see mine! I've read up on them and apparently you need atleast a dozen and a few caves and such and than they say they should be very lively little guys, but personally I think it depends on the fish itself. P.s if you like loaches I recommend weather loaches they're very friendly I've even fed mine out of my hand! Read up on them their history is very cool!!!

Im going to get another khuli soon :) yeah I think all fish have there own distinct personality. My khuli is a cheeky little guy and me scarlet badis loves him it's fascination hehe. He has his little hidy hole in a small opening at the bottom of an anchor ornament. They really give the tank that extra something it's like having a little eel in there my son calls him my snake lol as to why I got the he has an obsession with snakes and sat and watched a large eel at the pet shop fro like half an hour and that's a long time to sit still for a 2 year old. I thought well this is doable and a happy medium for the moment :p oh and I will def look them up I've read a bit about them and there amazing weather forecasting abilities :)

You did a really good job with your pic, he's a cute little guy. Kuhli's are great clowns to have in a aquarium!! I thought I'd share some info I have learned that you might find usefull. First off because Kuhli's have such a small bioload you can have more than you thought, the 1" a fish rule does not apply!! They do best in groups of 4 or more and if you have a group of Cory Cat's you will probably see your Kuhli's a lot more often. Kuhli fish are nocturnal but having the Cories seems to help them feel more secure so you see them more often. There also are times when you stop seeing them except in the evenings and other times they're out during both day & night. These are very interesting fish but the info available on them is limited.
Once I had a Kuhli & a Cory in a quarintine tank and I saw them playing with each other; both of these fish have clownish natures and are fun to watch. Snake comments are popular, every time my Mom see's one of my Kuhli's she says "I see a snake"!! :)

cyberkat said:
You did a really good job with your pic, he's a cute little guy. Kuhli's are great clowns to have in a aquarium!! I thought I'd share some info I have learned that you might find usefull. First off because Kuhli's have such a small bioload you can have more than you thought, the 1" a fish rule does not apply!! They do best in groups of 4 or more and if you have a group of Cory Cat's you will probably see your Kuhli's a lot more often. Kuhli fish are nocturnal but having the Cories seems to help them feel more secure so you see them more often. There also are times when you stop seeing them except in the evenings and other times they're out during both day & night. These are very interesting fish but the info available on them is limited.
Once I had a Kuhli & a Cory in a quarintine tank and I saw them playing with each other; both of these fish have clownish natures and are fun to watch. Snake comments are popular, every time my Mom see's one of my Kuhli's she says "I see a snake"!! :)

I ended up getting 3 more and they are out and about quite a lot and love my bn plecs :)

You have been really busy getting fish lately girl! Isn't it nice when the little ones are interested in something that could turn into a hobby for them as they get older.

yeah im a tad obsessed hehe but it is great for the kids and teaching them to care for them and respect for even the smallest of creatures :) my son even loves his snails which are named Holly Shiftwell and FinMcmissile from cars 2 lol. And since having a tank of his own in his room hes been sleeping in his own bed thank goodness for that :p

Back
Top Bottom