My New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No nitrates still? Not sure if I read all the posts, but have you tested for ammonia or nitrite. That's a shame an lfs would sell you a tank and fish like that and sya it was no need to cycle. Unbelievable.

Best of luck to you. Do some reading pls before you make another move. You'll be happy you did. And don't ask those guys at the lfs anything.

austinsdad said:
No nitrates still? Not sure if I read all the posts, but have you tested for ammonia or nitrite. That's a shame an lfs would sell you a tank and fish like that and sya it was no need to cycle. Unbelievable.

Best of luck to you. Do some reading pls before you make another move. You'll be happy you did. And don't ask those guys at the lfs anything.

It is a shame that his lfs was willing to do this to make a buck.

Well, a 55 hex gives you some more livestock options but is still to small for the lion and foxface. The issues isn't always gallons, its the tanks footprint. Hexagon tanks have a small footprint, therefore active fish run out of space to swim. As mentioned, please do your research when you buy livestock, you can't trust 90% of the stores out there. Good luck getting your tank turned around. Fishlore.com has a decent list of common fish species, you could look on there and see if there is something you like.

Post them on Craigslist, but they should atleast offer store credit. Especially given that it was their fault for lying to you, you should point out that they misled you.

I'm having the same problem returning an anemone that they told me was perfectly safe for clown fish. Store is just not budging.

The algea

Attachments

• image-250530494.jpg
    image-250530494.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 95
  • image-4269241647.jpg
    image-4269241647.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 88
  • image-3506742636.jpg
    image-3506742636.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 92
Brown stuff is diatoms. All new tanks get it. It'll go away on its own. Do not try to add critters expecting them to eat it.

This is turning out to be a very healthy hobby for me. I was lacking that quality and this has proven to be challenging but needed

Im sure if you ask to speak to the owner about returning the fish /anenemes for store credit they with if they dont explain your situation and if all else fails ask them if they really dont want your business over the coming years then give them your number and ask them to call you after they decide most logical business owner relize the money they will make long term is worth it especially if only giving you store credit.

Brough5754 said:
The algea

Luckily it It is just diatoms. Probably due to
Cycling of the tank. You have a lot of fish that have a decent bioload.( they poop a lot) they might stay for a while but do water changes and if you can I would recommend getting a sump. IT HELPS SOOO MUCH. And your lfs are a bunch of cheap jerks wanting to make money from a newer customer

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom